TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, it starts off looking innocent enough (is that a little coating on them pistons?):

Now add some DOHC heads with valve train modified to handle 9000 rpm:

What kind of intake did they use? Hogan (not Logan):

Little extra girdle strength for the abuse that bottom will be taking:

Top it all off with a pair of "iron lungs":

How can get all that power to the ground? LOTS of tire!:

To go really, really, really, really, REALLY fast requires a light body (maybe a Daytona?!?):

·
Registered
379 Posts
WOW is that pretty. What body is that in ???

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Surprise, surprise! I had it pegged as just another "all-out" Mustang and yippy skippy.

But....going in a G Body Daytona/Laser? That's just sick and twisted.

I have great fondness for sick and twisted, btw. lol

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
:headbang:

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
10,895 Posts
don't forget about those coolant passages in the block. Anyone besides me see anything interesting? Have to point it out before newbs start on this endeavor lol.
Dual injectors, and an evac pump :D
That looks pretty cool, even tho I don't recognize the injectors...

Are you talking about the fail-prone cam gears, GM? I would use the adj crank gears, drilled and pinned, personally.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Are you talking about the fail-prone cam gears, GM? I would use the adj crank gears, drilled and pinned, personally.
You know I didn't even notice that it had dual injectors until you mentioned it! And I even noticed they were purple and my reference shows "Purple Tops" are 65 lb injectors and I thought to myself "those aren't big enough to support 2400 hp". I just figured they were bigger and coincidentally happened to be purple in color.

But now I realize TWO SETS of "Purple Tops" would definitely support 2400 hp. I have a Bosch part number of 0280150845 in my references.
I guess that engine won't suffer from the second port B-head problem of carbon build-up!

As for those cams gears being prone to failure - I just didn't know that. Have to file that in my brain, however.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts

Nope. First pic, look INSIDE the coolant passages.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Nope. First pic, look INSIDE the coolant passages.
So they put Hardblok in it. Why did you say point it out before someone tries to build one like it? Do you think the block would crack without it?

If you look at that pic close enough, you can see the 5 gallon bucket of Hardblok in the background.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
So they put Hardblok in it. Why did you say point it out before someone tries to build one like it? Do you think the block would crack without it?
At those power levels this ounce of prevention is better than the pound of cure.

I'm actually surprised they didn't also fab up and weld in gussets across the valley before the machining and assembly of the short block.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts

If you look at that pic close enough, you can see the 5 gallon bucket of Hardblok in the background.
yup.

·
Super Moderator
10,895 Posts
It ain't like you're driving any car with that motor to Kroger's for beer, lol.

I'd think block filler and welding would be required at that power level...

·
Super Moderator
10,895 Posts
Who was it that broke the mark engine in half?

I've seen pix here, but it's been awhile. :confused:

Seems like it was boost and nitrous that broke it...

I think the middle webbing let go on it.

Here it is:

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?p=1133590

:)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I know I'm not a guru like a lot of you, but I can say this. That is the most F****d up engine I've ever seen!!! Holy Crap!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts