TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, earlier tonight i was coming off the highway (Rt. 1 to be exact) and at the end of the offramp is a stop sign. i came to a stop at the stop sign but as i tried to accelerate my car died, the check engine light as well as the battery light came on among others, i put the car in park (it shifted easily) and took the key out then just put it back in and started the car like nothing happened. it didnt do it again. is this something i should look into? what could cause this?

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
That happened a couple times to me a little while back. I replaced my IAC and it hasn't happened since. Similar problem. It happened only from a dead stop and once when I shifted from reverse to drive. Like I said, neither has occured since the IAC replacement.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Idle Air Control. It's the round part that bolts to the throttle body.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Or, on a 94 and 95, its buried at the back of the intake to the right of the throttle body elbow. Can hardly see it...let alone get to it!

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
rustyul said:
Or, on a 94 and 95, its buried at the back of the intake to the right of the throttle body elbow. Can hardly see it...let alone get to it!

:uppoint: Waaahhhahhahha... Sounds like someone had to replace their IAC on their 95. :uppoint:

Been there, done that, got the scarred nuckles. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
rustyul said:
how much did it cost to replace?
on my 94, its vibrating realy bad and its starting to sound like an air horn so im gonna have to replace it soon.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
1-800-866-1520 ex. 236 talk to max.

iac for a 97 4.6L was $134 plus $.50 for the gasket

·
Registered
526 Posts
Or you could go to Autozone and get a Wells (OEM Manufacturer) for 47.99 plus 50 cents for the gasket.....

Sorry Max, you've done well by me....but for things that are so overly priced from Ford...like the IAC....I ain't coming off the cash. Especially when the one I get at autozone is almost assuredly the identical unit!

Those more in the know than I, please feel free to contradict me!

:tongue:

94 Daily Driven 4.6L,

:cool: The IAC is a 2 minute job with no scarred knuckles if you have your engine on a stand! I'll be updating pics in the next day or so. The engine is ready to drop back in as soon as I get the tranny J-modded and bolted up!

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
The IAC is a 2 minute job with no scarred knuckles if you have your engine on a stand!
Well, that's just cheating!! :D :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts