TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was just sitting here and thinking. I remembered that when I first got my thunderbird, my insurance listed it as an Luxurary car...Which is what they were intended for, correct? This was almost 5 years ago, and about 2 years ago it changed. It now says Sports car category, WTF? I called for the reason, I was told because my car has 2 doors, A V8, and rear wheel drive....its considered to be a sports car under thier new resised categories. Great, Good thing they dont know its a 5-speed now...LOL. Anyone else have this with thier thunderbird...or Cougar?

But I have a question....for all you Mark owners, did your insurance companies do this you yau as well? Or are your still luxuary cars? Chris

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
GMAC (go figure) doesn't really tell me anything. Both my "FORD THUN" and my "DODG DAKO" are both Class 1B EM

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
2dr luxury sedan.

My SHO is a 4dr sport sedan. It's 6 years older, and costs more to insure than the bird. :rolleyes:

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
mine was just listed as a sedan.

Frank

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I have state farm and they list it as sports car. I am paying as much as some of my friends that really do have something classified as a sports car. Oh well I just grin and bear it b/c I like my bird. :)

Russell

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
farmers lists mine as a sedan and when i do insure it it will be only 290 every six with a 500 deduct w/ collison. and by doing that drops my truck to 284! :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
94 FORD T-BIRD LX
$400 (I'm 17, on my parent's insurance, $400k upper limit liability, no coll/comp)
-$35 Premier Plus (No accidents, last 15 years)
+$18 Inexperienced Driver
-$30 Antilock
-$30 Airbags
-$25 Passive Alarm
-$30 Multi Car
-$20 Multi Policy
Gotta love Allstate!

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
jk89cat said:
farmers lists mine as a sedan and when i do insure it it will be only 290 every six with a 500 deduct w/ collison. and by doing that drops my truck to 284! :D
holy crap, $290 every six months. thats only $580 for a year. my insurance costs $3200 per year. i have a few surcharges for tickets and 1 accident when i was 16 but even without the surcharges it would still cost me $2300 per year.

Frank

·
Registered
425 Posts
cost? Too long to list:(

My 96 and 88 are listed as "passenger"

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
My 96 is listed as a LX/SVT and it is 530 a year for full coverage with a 50 dollar deductable, my 92 is listed as a Sport and it is 500 a year for full coverage with a 50 dollar deductable.I have collosion and all that other stuff on both of them.Just dont trust the way people drive down here in FL.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
fdawg, it helps that im 26 and have had no tickets or accidents for over 4 years, i know where your at though, i used to have same issues. at one point i was paying almost 2,000 a year for my 90 cougar i used to have. it sucked, :zbash:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Since we have more cars than we do people in my family, my dad is listed as the primary driver of the vehicle. He has a great driving record to. Which lowers my insurance. Hehehe. I pay just over 400 per year, if I were to have it insured all year. But I don't, heck I couldn't even take it out over the summer cause someone decided to make a few scratches on her. But I did have it covered for comprehensive only, basic storage coverage. SO my company came out estimated it and wrote my dad a check, for the full amount. So very soon my car will be going to springfield on a trailer for a paintjob. Just waiting for my buddie to finish the work on a 55 chevy. Oh boy oh boy. Still tryin to decide on which black to go with.

My coverage on my durango is like 595 every 6 months. With good student discount, good driver discount, multi car line discount, and stuff like that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts