TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I pull my engine, I'm going to have it on a run stand. The question is, what exactly is needed from the wiring harness for it to run?

Am I going to have to pull the wiring harness from the interior of the car to get components from it or what?

I need to EEC correct? stuff for fuel injection etc? I'm not really sure what can be removed from the harness with the engine still able to run.

Random, slightly off topic question, could the engine wiring harness be removed/replaced without removing the engine??

·
Registered
623 Posts
Why do you need to run it on a stand? It would be fair amount of work even for a person with intimate knowledge of engine wiring, EEC system, etc. I'm not criticizing, just curious.

Yes, the engine harness can be removed independent of the motor.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to be able to run it on a stand to test mods, or generally make sure itworks again after I do something.
More long term planning here than anything else. I'd like to be able to run it from time to time just to keep it moving.

If that harness can be removed separate from the motor, I'd like to know who the guy with tiny hands is that can do it.

I'm in the process of removing the engine, and have the rad, AC condenser, and generally most of the front end out, and that harness is tucked in there pretty deeply.

I'd like to find a good set of instructions on how to get that out with removing the motor.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If it's the 4.6 the engine harness should come out with the engine. There is a large square connector with a 10mm bolt in the top of it mounted to the pass side shock tower. Just unplug that and the harness should come out with the engine.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The harness thing is really a separate thing altogether. I'm just looking at cleaning up the one I'm pulling from my parts car and maybe putting it in my 97 when I do the interior swap too.

I have everything disconnected at this point. Rad is gone, AC condenser is gone, coolant tank gone, battery gone, intake tube gone, header panel for the lights gone, I even drilled out the welds on the bumper and pulled that off too.

The master fuse box is loose, but still connected to the harness. It does actually look like the harness can pulled on a car with the engine and everything still in tact, maybe having to remove a couple of things, but it doesn't now seem as impossible as it did a couple of days ago.

I might even see if I can get a cheap one from the wreckers so I can pull it apart and use it to run the engine on the stand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts