TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 Thunderbird LX. It has the 4.6L, leather, had factory rims (not the SC ones) i went to Cobras. All i can tell the package is, are some kick *** floormats i keep in a bag, medalions on each fender, and the gray stripe all the way around the car. Is this all the package consists of. And how many of these birds did they make? and what years? Chris

·
Registered
130 Posts
Limted Edition = Sport

Basically, the Limited Edition is the previous labelled "Sport". You get stiffer springs, I thought you also got 16" rims, and a color choice that was not available to other TBirds, and of course the things that you mentioned.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I'm not sure limited editions were all sports.

Yes, the limited edition package are the 93-95 LX wheels chomed, and other badging. It doesn't have any more power than it's regular couterpart.

It was only made at the very end of the 97 year, when ford had decided to end production with the 97 model year. I think #s are around 5000.

·
Registered
621 Posts
GreenBird said:
I'm not sure limited editions were all sports.

Yes, the limited edition package are the 93-95 LX wheels chomed, and other badging. It doesn't have any more power than it's regular couterpart.

It was only made at the very end of the 97 year, when ford had decided to end production with the 97 model year. I think #s are around 5000.
Which wheels are you talking about? The fan wheels? If so, mines might be a limited edition (someone painted over the car, so I can't tell).

·
Administrator
14,210 Posts
WaLieN said:

Which wheels are you talking about? The fan wheels? If so, mines might be a limited edition (someone painted over the car, so I can't tell).
You could get those chrome fan wheels without it being a Limited edition though. And I've seen a limited edition without non-chrome fan wheels so it might have been an option for all 97's

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Limited Ed. Did not have to be a sport model to get it, seen way to many non sport limited edition models, did not have the chrome 7spoke fan wheels, seen way to many with the standard sweeping 7 spoke rims, its just the items you listed, stripe, badges, mats. thats it. somewhere i have the dealer option sheet for the add on package, where it tells what color car got the red stripes or what color got the silver stripes. i cant find it, when i do ill reply.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I thought they came out whit the L/I to get rid of all of the rest of the tbirds after they killed it in 97.

And they weren’t all sports I know a guy that has one and it’s just a LX.

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,308 Posts
Some had the 3.8L in them also, definitely not a Sport! :eek:

Joe

·
Registered
510 Posts
Since they only made them in 97 & not a whole lot were made and 97 is the very last year of an afFORDable Tbird, I guess one day they may be worth something.

·
11,719 Posts
W.Cup said:
Since they only made them in 97 & not a whole lot were made and 97 is the very last year of an afFORDable Tbird, I guess one day they may be worth something.
Maybe in 30 years. a 94 or 95 Sc 5-speed is rare now, and prices have already started going up. Also, a 91-93 5L sport is rarer than a LE.

·
Listening on 141.850 mHz!
829 Posts
I've got a 97 Limited Edition

Take a look at my webpage for it at : http://www.geocities.com/tbirddmnd/tbird1.html

Just a basic LX with the embroidered floor mats (would like to get more to have for spares!), fender striping (the words "LIMITED EDITION" are slanted to the rear of the doors) and the front fender badges. There is another Limited Edition 97 in the same town I live in with the 16-inch sport rims. Mine is not a sport model, but I do have the 4.6L V8.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
GreenBird said:

Maybe in 30 years. a 94 or 95 Sc 5-speed is rare now, and prices have already started going up. Also, a 91-93 5L sport is rarer than a LE.
Just curious, i've never seen a 91-93 sport in person. What do they have that a regular 91-93 LX with a 5.0 doesnt?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Was the limited edition an option? I have one & on my orig window sticker I see nothing about it.

W.Cup (Winston Cup fan)

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,308 Posts
I don't believe so. I think it was just a late year model to boost sales.

Joe

·
Registered
28 Posts
I HAVE A 97 LIMITED EDITION 4.6LX
IT HAS THE 16'S A SPOILER BIGGER BRAKES AND THE SC SUSPENSION

·
11,719 Posts
W.Cup said:
Basically the so called SC suspension is SC shocks & larger sway bar, thats about it.
Sc suspension is different in the following ways:
springs
shocks
anti-sway bar
revised knucles on 96-97 sports

1 - 20 of 22 Posts