TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm a little clueless when it comes to exact names of bushings in the suspension. But I've been having this noise from my passenger side, and I had been thinking it was my shock. I did a little looking earlier and I found out it wasn't, but it's whatever this bushing is. What's this thing called so I can get it replaced ASAP! Thanks in advance....

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How hard is it to replace, this is something I wanna get done quickly? I'll do the complete polyurthene set from mn12performance down the road a bit.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
If I'm correct, just loosen the nut and pull out the rod and replace the bushing. If you go to www.mn12performance.com it tells you how to do it. Can even download how to do it and print it out. Look at the bushings and click on instructions, I think.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Use the search feature here. It is not as simple as just loosening or removing a nut, and swapping them out.

I have posted detailed info. before on this subject, so you can do a search by my screen name.

·
Registered
522 Posts
LMAO......Dr. most people on here probably aren't even old enough when that movie came out and know how that saying should sound.........Guess they have the reruns.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Hey guys, wonder joints.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
heh... classic.... and i'm a youngen (22)

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
those bushings arent pressed in??? so after you take out the strut rod, you can just pull the old ones out (or in my case) lack there of old ones out), and just put the new ones in???

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Red96Bird said:
those bushings arent pressed in??? so after you take out the strut rod, you can just pull the old ones out (or in my case) lack there of old ones out), and just put the new ones in???

Basically yes, but you have to pay attention to the position of the nuts on the strut rod, otherwise you will have to get the front end aligned.

·
Registered
522 Posts
If the cars been running around without the bushing an alignment probably isn't a bad idea either way.

·
Registered
1994 Tbird - JO'Neil long block, TFHS trans, Quarterhorse tuned
418 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Yup, the K8680 is the control arm side bushing set
the K8659 is the frame side bushing set.

why do I have to know these things! Thanks a lot moog!

·
Registered
793 Posts
You have to know these things to enlighten dumb azzes like me! :D
Sideoiler
tbirdbrain said:
Yup, the K8680 is the control arm side bushing set
the K8659 is the frame side bushing set.

why do I have to know these things! Thanks a lot moog!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts