TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sick and tired of that stupid rubber crap on the bottom of the engine getting pulled out of its push in mounts. What happens if i just cut it of. Theres snow all over right now and my car is all snowy so im not fixing it! It's gonna have to drag on the ground for a week or so. Get what it deserves.

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
i took off the back piece, ( the one you would normally have to remove to get to the oil filter because all the push pins broke and somone zip tied it, so i just cut it off but the part under the bumper is still there.

hasnt affected my car at all

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Mine came off last year at a triple digit speed. Didn't find it, hasn't posed a problem without one.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Im drivin around in snow constantly with mine off, over a foot once, and there was no problem without it.

·
Registered
744 Posts
it's there for three reasons:

1. keep debris from smaking front of engine
2. helps with air flow through raditor. forces the air to go through and not around
3. to be a p.i.t.a

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Mine fell down a couple times, so when I was changing the oil once, I simply took a couple zip ties (black ones) and tied it to the bar that it's originally held onto with those pushy things. It's held up fine since then, and I've had no reason to remove it for anything, and even if I did, zip ties aren't that expensive.

Joe

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
mine ripped off during the snow also... weight loss, its only plastic... f it.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its just dragging on the ground right now... i dont take very good care of my car in winter so im thinking of just leaving it there... maybe the concrete will rip it off? hmmm where are some curbs to run over

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
HanMan said:
its just dragging on the ground right now... i dont take very good care of my car in winter so im thinking of just leaving it there... maybe the concrete will rip it off? hmmm where are some curbs to run over

Han Man run your car up the side of the embabkement at the on ramp to HWY 40 east at Clarkson road.

Thats were I tore mine off seven years ago.

T

·
Registered
811 Posts
I don't like the look of mine off. It came off when I was f-ing around with my brother a few months ago. To me it seems like somethings missing. I just need to get off my lazy A$$ and put it back on. :D

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Another reason for that rubber thingy is to act as an air dam, to reduce under vehicle turbulance and eek a tiny fraction of a mpg fuel economy outa these cars

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TMcColl said:
Well I have had my bird for almost 10 years. We moved to Colorado from Ellisville in January 1999.
wow... im in ellisville. Clarkson/clayton corner if you rem where that is.

Im sure a few things have changed since then. Out of curiosity... where do you like better? Are you a cold weather person... cause im not.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Ellisville

Sure I remember. We lived right off of Hutchunson on Hummingbird Hill. My family is still in the area and I was there recently. My son just built a new house right off of 109.

The Mad Russian and I hooked up in May for a trip to MAR. I hope to run at Gateway some time this summer.

The weather out here is great. Lots more sunshine and it really is not any colder here on the front range than in STL. We get snow the sun comes out and it is gone. Also I like the small town a lot more than the big city. I avoid Denver like the plague. But if you want snow I am only 1 hr drive from Rocky MT National Park. There is always snow up above 8000 ft in the winter.

One thing I do not like is that your car is two seconds slower out here in the thin air. :)

T

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea... i know exactly where u used to live. Andrey keeps wanting me too come to MAR or Gateway with him but i know dragging all night will be the end of the bird... since its actually mine as of about a month ago i need to treat it as nicely as i can. Im planning on making it drive me through college. This weather really sux here. I thinks its about 2 degrees out. It looks like i may be going to school out in virginia so hopefully that will be a little warmer.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sorry guys, I'm clueless, do you mean that black plastic peice attached to the bottom of the front air dam? If it's what I think it is I want to take it off for good to get access to where I want to put my tranny cooler.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I not sure about the 96-7, but on the 94-5 it is the black piece under the front bumper cover.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts