TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Absolutely nothing!
Today me and my girlfriend were on our way home from old forge and I wanted to check out some state land for deer season. As any adk mountain hunters know most state land is off of a single lane gravel road. And this one was. 1/8 of a mile down this single lane road a car driving the opposite way appears. Unfortunately there was a very well hidden ditch on my side and in I go :( the car slides forward a good 30 feet and stops when it hits a decent size boulder. ( sorry for the long story lol) As I'm waiting for AAA to come I'm inspecting the car, and sure enough it appears the radiator and front crossmember are completely obliterated. Fast forward 25 minutes the driver winches the car out, with car appearing to be perfectly fine, no leaks or rattles, I drive 35 miles home, put the car on the lift and find zero damage some small very light scratches on the cross member under the rack and that is all. Only damage was on one of the plastic covers (will post a pic of the cover). Moral of the story? Just back up next time and avoid passing the car lol. Stay safe guys (and gals)

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Absolutely nothing!
Today me and my girlfriend were on our way home from old forge and I wanted to check out some state land for deer season. As any adk mountain hunters know most state land is off of a single lane gravel road. And this one was. 1/8 of a mile down this single lane road a car driving the opposite way appears. Unfortunately there was a very well hidden ditch on my side and in I go :( the car slides forward a good 30 feet and stops when it hits a decent size boulder. ( sorry for the long story lol) As I'm waiting for AAA to come I'm inspecting the car, and sure enough it appears the radiator and front crossmember are completely obliterated. Fast forward 25 minutes the driver winches the car out, with car appearing to be perfectly fine, no leaks or rattles, I drive 35 miles home, put the car on the lift and find zero damage some small very light scratches on the cross member under the rack and that is all. Only damage was on one of the plastic covers (will post a pic of the cover). Moral of the story? Just back up next time and avoid passing the car lol. Stay safe guys (and gals)
Yes, they're pretty tough underneath. I went doing 360's down the highway at about 75 mph years ago with mine (don't ask - long story), popped the two passenger side tires off the rims as the car slid through the grass, then caught pavement.

There was no damage except for the 2 flat tires. I called AAA, they picked me and the car up and gave us a ride home! :thumbsup:

AFTERTHOUGHT EDIT: Actually, there was some "damage" - it ripped the silencer off the intake in the fender! BONUS! :rofl:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
^ lol. Both of yall got lucky

·
Registered
96 Posts
absolutely!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts