TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't think of a better title, as I don't know the name of the part!

Its the black panel that is under the front of the car. It goes from the front bumper to just behind the radiator support. It had rivets holding it in, and I don't want to use rivets to put it back. I may have to get in there again! Would those black plastic "christmas trees" of an appropriate size work?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried nuts and bolts, but they are a PIA to get in and out. It isn't that big or heavy, so I'm thinking those plastic push in things might work. (Wish I knew what they were called, the body shop called them "Christmas Trees".

·
Registered
433 Posts
"panel retainers" that's what o'reilly's calls them (the christmas trees). i just removed my front licsence plate, painted them, and put them in the holes. I need to get some pics up soon. anyway, i used zip-ties to hold my "black bumper thing" up.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL thanks, at least now I know what they are called! I'll have to remember the zip ties if the Panel retainers don't work. I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I used zipties on mine...then they got ripped out and I became annoyed...off the panel went to that area under the front bumper of an MN12 in the sky....:D

·
Registered
493 Posts
You can use expansion pins also but 8mm fender bolts and nut plates would be stronger.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I went the route with nuts and bolts, but as was previously stated, they are a pain. Unless you use stainless hardware, they will probably rust tight in a short time. I wound up with some tight fitting christmas trees, and have not had any problems since. Just gotta watch those parking stops, that is what got mine torn loose in the first place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts