TCCoA Forums banner

What hood to get...

816 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  CamellionCat 
#1 ·
I know I want to get a cowl hood for my car, but I'm entirely sure which one to get...

I'm leanin heavily toward a 3" Cobra cowl, but a plain cowl looks good too...

the only person I know of with a regular style cowl is AJL...

But I really like the Cobra cowls...if I went with one, should I get a 94-95 one or go with a 96-97 one and upgrade my headlights? What brand should I go with?
btw, my car is Pearl White...

Age Classic...$389

American Sports Car...$499

But what about Legendary? Everyone seems to have them, what do you think?

See less See more
#2 ·
I've got a legendary...

Man, if a 96 will fit with the headlight change, do it! The Legendary hood is awesome and fit really well. It's also really light. Look a little further down on the boards for more discussion of this topic. I've really been pushing this hood a lot.
However, I don't think you can fit a 96 hood on a 95 w/o changing the bumper as well. The front of my hood extends a little deeper into my bumper than yours does. I may be wrong, but the only way I've seen a 96 hood on an older model is with a whole front fascia conversion.
BTW, a legendary hood is $450, with another $65-75 for new hood spring/shock things (the old ones are too strong and will bend the hood, and fling it open so hard it might damage the car. The new hood is like half the weight of the old one.) and look at another $80 for shipping. Not a cheap venture. Luckily, I was getting my car repaired from a hailstorm, so I just paid the $92 difference between the 'glass hood and the cost of a stock replacement. :D

James

#3 ·
Yeah, I've contemplated hauling *** down the back highways around here trying to hit a deer. that way I can get insurance to pay for it all. LOL. but the biggest problemw ould be explaining to my dad why I was hauling *** down a back woods highway with the intention of hitting a deer. :)

Anyways, I think the hood/lights conversion can be done, but you're right, I don't know how it'd look...I'd still like to keep my 95 front end, I like the looks of it better.

#4 ·
Got a chubby sibling lyin' around? Throw him (or her) on the hood a few times, and bash out a headlight or two and make it look realistic. (and new headlights looks nice anyways. :D )

Just a thought,

James

#5 ·
Well, since I'm the youngest, and the chubbiest, thats not gonna work too well. I'm 5'11" and only 156lbs. Not very small, and not exactly chubby. Good idea though, lol. Maybe I'll wait until the next big party weekend here and go run into a couple of drunk Pikes or something. :)

#6 ·
Can i get an Age Classic Cowl hood made for a 95 cougar????? 389 sounds good.

Marvin M.

#7 ·
Man, if a 96 will fit with the headlight change, do it! The Legendary hood is awesome and fit really well. It's also really light. Look a little further down on the boards for more discussion of this topic. I've really been pushing this hood a lot.
The hood will fit a 94 with just the headlight swap. I have proof. I did it to my car and it looks awesome. I also have a legendary hood. I think that it is an awesome product with great fitament. Here is my proof.
http://community.webshots.com/album/33315773eBVIEN

danman

#8 ·
Marvin M. said:
Can i get an Age Classic Cowl hood made for a 95 cougar????? 389 sounds good.

Marvin M.
They seemed to forget entirely about us Cat lover's, there's one guy here who says he has a cowl hood on his Cougar down in Georgia. I plan to get one anyway and chop the piece off that is between the headlights. If you do it before me be sure to let me know how it looks.

#9 ·
thats all that has to be done chop that peace off. Thats not that hard to do.

Marvin M.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.