TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i miss my 87 LX thinking of dumping the 69 fairlane project and getting another 80's bird. Saw a local add for 1988 "Sport" t-bird for $350.00 no a/c. What is a sport compared to the base model or the elan or the LX all of which i'm familar with. Someone told me they where basically turbo coupes with v-8 and automatics, but elsewhere is saw that they all had 7.5 rears????:confused: any one really know what a "sport" is or should be.

·
Registered
645 Posts
What I know about those is that they had the 302 V8, console with auto floor shift, firmer suspension, 14 in bullet hole wheels, full instruments, and the VIN has 61F in it for the 6-8 digits. I'm pretty sure those had 7.5" rear axles in em but, I don't know that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks guys. I've deicided if it is in fact a "sport" model i'll buy it and dump the 69 Fairlane ( at a loss most likely as the car is in pieces as a prelude to rust repair) although i did plunk down a few hundred for a complete dash with pad from a vendor. Any one looking for a project??

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
From what I recall, that car would have a drum brake 8.8" rearend, and some had 15" ten-holes wheels I believe. But I may be confusing them with the 5.0L XR-7 Cougar from that year. Also, dual mufflers and tailpipes, hooked up with a Y-pipe off a single cat. converter, like the 85 Mustang GT.

cheers
Ed N.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts