TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my car fixed at some shop. I slid into a curb and it bent my tie-rod end and control arm, and damaged my rim and tire.

Anyways, on the bill he charged me $149.99 for a used knee assembly and then $232.92 to replace it.

I understand all the rest of the bill, it seems a little high, but not outragous.

·
Registered
718 Posts
he probably considers the control arm and the spindle assembly as the Knee assembly. If you bent the control arm and tie-rod the front bearing was probably trashed as well.

Brad M

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Scott, you're not allowed to show pics of Cougie's or GoldBird's suspension or undercarriage anymore. They're just too pretty and clean. They make all the rest of our cars jealous. :D

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Sir William said:
Scott, you're not allowed to show pics of Cougie's or GoldBird's suspension or undercarriage anymore. They're just too pretty and clean. They make all the rest of our cars jealous. :D
Haha yeah, I was just about to say; stop doing that! :tongue:

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
So how often yall drive them or clean them?

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
heheh.....neither of those cars have been on the road since the cleanup and paint/powder coating work was done.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
BadMofo666 said:
I just got my car fixed at some shop. I slid into a curb and it bent my tie-rod end and control arm, and damaged my rim and tire.

Anyways, on the bill he charged me $149.99 for a used knee assembly and then $232.92 to replace it.

I understand all the rest of the bill, it seems a little high, but not outragous.
Yeah, I did that too, except it was into a storm drain and I was going pretty fast (I deserved it) and then it bent the whole subframe up in the front...

- Pelezo

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
"I like the color coordinated look"

Come on, custom rust all the way.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Sir William said:
heheh.....neither of those cars have been on the road since the cleanup and paint/powder coating work was done.
Every car deserves a 2 year rest every 7 or so years.

That's why you gotta have a backup:

:diablo:

-mike

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Yep, I agree, my bird had a nice nap since november, it's time to piss her off and wake her up.

- Tech

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
If mine anit running its on the operating table.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts