TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard of people putting Nos on factory 4.6L engines. My co-worker has a 2001 Mustang Gt with a 60 shot kit on a factory engine. What is a safe amount for my 95 bird. I am going to change out my engine to a 2002 explore what a safe shot for both engines the 1995 4.6 and the 2002 4.6L

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
its never 100% safe your always running the risk and gambling with boost or nitrous on a stock bottom end. the factory pistons on the 4.6 are hyperutectic pistons(high silicone content) and crack caped poder metal rods are the weakest links. many have had great sucess with low boost and low amounts of Nitrous on stock bottom ends but your always taking a gamble of sudden detonation breaking a piston in two

·
Registered
620 Posts
With Plenty Of Fuel,plenty Of Ignition Retard 125 Shot Is Concievable

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Don't let these guys scare you.

I ran a 75 shot on my car for about 30,000 miles untuned, and it ran great until i took it off.

and it was a 95 w/ a stock 4.6l, only mods were a panel k&n, and cut off mufflers.

·
Registered
142 Posts
i agree with joker. on a V8 you could run up to 150 shot without major mods. but 125 is the close with less risk of breaking something. i wouldn't do more than 125
with your setup. some of these guys wouldn't run a 10 shot i think. hahaha. j/k.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
your a complete idiot if you run n2o (and a side note, NOS is a brand name like DELL is a computer brand, NOS is a company not a product when refering to nitrous oxide call it n2o, nitrous or nitrous oxide) anyway, as i was saying, your a complete fool to think that you can put a 150 shot of nitrous on a stock car, your risking alot with even half that amount. without a pump and some tuning, dont go over 75.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Yea I Never Said Anything About Running A 150 Shot

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Opened. Try to keep this civil.

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
To anwer the question, any is too much. As has previously been stated these engines were not built with power adders in mind, with the exception of some of the ones with better bottom ends.

There are a few on here that have installed kits, and unfortunately ended up with the engine going bang!!! Thats not a pleasant thought.

As I've stated before on here, nitrous can be run with success if all the necessary equipement is installed and used properly. Thats the bottom line, of course, along with having an engine that is in really good shape.

I would not go beyond a 100-125 shot, and especially if you have no experience using the stuff. Its better to start slow and work your way up and monitor the system and your car. a 150 shot may work temporarily but you are asking for a lot on a stock bottom end.

I've successfully run my car on a 75-up to and including a 125 shot for a very long time, since 1998/1999 with great success. But it takes work to monitor it and use it appropriately. Some have gained experience from me here on their systems and what it takes to properly utilize it.

I'll reiterate and say that if you beat on the car all the time on the juice, its going to beat back. You can count on that. 1 mistake with your set-up could be its last.

The bottom line is nitrous is a lot of fun and a lot of
"Bang for the Buck" when used correctly. If used incorrectly its a lot more bang for the buck and time and labor to get another and install too. There is no definitive answer to what you can run. Let your conscience and the experience on here be your guide.

:D

·
Registered
620 Posts
amen to that steve

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
On that note, click...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.