TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are articles on this. I just need a little help.

My 95 LX has a 01 gt tranny in it.

My question, other than repinning the harness and swapping out the tcc for a R2 part number. Is there anything else that needs to changed or adjusted to complete this swap?

I'm still trying to get ahold of the guy that put this tranny in the car and see what he can remember. I want to drop the pan to see what was done and/or what needs to done to make sure it was done correctly.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I think all you need to change is the TCC solenoid, MLPS, and re-pin the harness.

If I were you, I'd use the MLPS & TCC solenoid that is on your original tranny, put a new EPC solenoid, part #XL3Z-7G383-AB, and install it!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's wrong with it
I'll give you a call later today.

But, you know about the convertor issue. So dan changed my lockup speed to correct it. After the tune, the car has never fully pulled through 2nd gear on the track. It's starts around 4,500 to 5,000..

It feels like the car loses power, stumbles for a sec, and picks back up.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Strange I'd have to ride in it, but it should be repairable, u don't think the trans is slipping possibly

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another question... during WOT in second gear is the convertor surpose to stay locked all the way through the gear?

at WOT during 2nd gear around 4,500 to 5,000 it seams that the convertor locks as the RPMs drop during acceleration.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
It locks after the 1-2 shift which can be delayed or instant depending on the converter setup, a triple disc is more instant a single disc will work but it better atleast be the 11 inch lock up system or all I can say is good luck, my triple does a good job but it slips while locked at the track just in second gear not sure how much I do know it locked cause u can watch the video of the dash cam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts