TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best Spring and Shock combo. Im about to have some money and would like to know what would be the best for performance.

Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
well..

most people will tell you Eibach-Bilstein combo, 250 for springs, but 500 for shocks , i couldnt do that right now, cause i put everything new underneath the car, i have just finished mine , H&R and KYB $408 delivered for both from tire rack, i went with H&R after a lot of research , H&R basically invented the aftermarket spring, i know an SCCA racer that uses them, its a very high quality product, they dont offer us the racing spring(red) but i didnt want that anyway. Some people have an issue with the progressive spring, i dont, its fine if you ask me, just have to get used to it.
the only spring for us that i know of that is linear are the Tokico kits, but they dont lower enough for me. The car feels great, im sure if i had the Bilsteins it would be even better , but they would have doubled the cost of my rebuild, so i'm waiting till my KYB's are shot. Tokico shocks arent too expensive, but the Konis(if you can get them still) and the Bilsteins are the best. I can tell now tho... that i've got to start thinking about a Sway bar upgrade :) so leave room in your budget for this as well.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I will tell you this much, I went with the Tokico setup and they aren't the greatest ones out there. I can notice a little bit of difference after the upgrade but I think that was due to really really bad shocks and struts in the first place. I think anything would have been better. My opinion is don't get these, I made the mistake and I suggest that if you want the performance, go with the eibach-bilstein combo. I have a friend that has that in his 97 bird and it is a lot better than mine. Just my 2 cents though.

·
Administrator
14,210 Posts
How about better springs/shocks that don't lower the car? I scrape enough stuff as it is.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
but......

what fun is it if you aren't dragging? j/k of course

·
Registered
244 Posts
i have tokico springs, and bilstein shocks. i am quite pleased. i may buy the eibachs just to see the difference, and decide which i like better and sell the other set. everyone told me that tokicos don't drop evenly, but mine did. there is very little nose dive w/ the bilsteins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts