TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,248 Posts
I recommend 235/60/15. Anything larger will throw your speedo off and could cause rubbing issues.

See the best tire size calculator online for how size will affect your speedo: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

·
Registered
400 Posts
I run 245/50-16 on the street and for my drag radials I run a 255/60/15. Out back you can run just about any size you want with the right rim, but up front 255 is about as big as you can go with out rubbing.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
A search turns up a lot of info on this topic. And pictures too.

Doesn't really do it justice but here's mine.. on an incline...

On this one the wheels were turned slightly to the left so the tire doesn't stick out like it appears in the picture..

I have more pics in my sig but I don't think any of them have my new tires on there.

·
Super Moderator
12,248 Posts
Lets say you did the mustang bolt pattern swap... can you run 315's in the rear?
With the appropriate sized wheel of course..
... with the appropriate HP of course ... :tongue:

Unless you've got over 350 HP you're wasting your money putting a tire that big on the car. IMHO there's no justification to spend that much money on rims and tires just for the "look" and bragging rights of "I've got 315's baby!".

To my knowledge nobody here has put a 315 on their car. The biggest size I've seen is a 285 and I think Blown38 might be running 305's.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
I wish I could run 235/60/15's. It looks like hardly anyone makes decent performance tires in that size any more. I'll be running 225/60/15's after my current tires finally wear out. I don't mind having my speedometer slightly off if it means I get to the end of that 1/4 mile .4 of a second faster! lol

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Wow how did you manage that? Let's see pics
No kidding! I could only imagine how bulged the sidewalls have to be. I'm running 255/50/17's on a 7" or 7 1/2" rim I wanted to go 275/40 and decided against it due to how narrow the rim is. I'm shocked a tire shop would even mount a 295 series tire on a stock rim. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
12,248 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
that's my car above, I had the same tires on my fanblades before I got the welds. There where no safety issues over the course of a couple years, just had a little premature wear in the middle as to be expected.

David

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I used 245/60/15's on my V6 Tbird back in... 04(?) They looked good and I had no problems with them.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts