TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waddup guys, well once again the bird is making me spend more money lol, The other day i went over some speed bumps and heard my car squawk on the left side as i went over the bump. I already replaced LCA,UCA,End Links,Inner Tie Rod,Outer Tie Rods On Both Sides couple months back... Heres what it sounds like when i push down on the suspension...video below.
Thanks
I have KYB's all the way around with eibach springs.
(Moog suspension products)

Click on Link or picture for video.

http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k518/N8tiveJuggalo17/?action=view&current=Squeeking.mp4

·
Registered
613 Posts
That's something rubbing. Shock boot?
Only thing I can think of that would sound like that in critical susp is if the strut <> LCA bushes are totally shot.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Did you change the upper shock mounts when you had them apart?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Holy crap your suspension has alot of give. I thought with the suspension you have it would be stiffer. That sounds horrible.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like worn control arm bushings to me.
That's something rubbing. Shock boot?
Only thing I can think of that would sound like that in critical susp is if the strut <> LCA bushes are totally shot.
I Hope Not i just changed it last year with a moog part i got from carquest.

Did you change the upper shock mounts when you had them apart?
Yeah everything is fairly new..not more then a year.. it sounds like its comming from the sway bar bushings or somthing, i cant pin point it

Holy crap your suspension has alot of give. I thought with the suspension you have it would be stiffer. That sounds horrible.
You know what, ever since i got the eibach springs & kybs from tire rack i expected it to be alot stiffer but it seems like it got worse.. when i go over a dip in the road it feels like im just riding on springs..i kinda feel the bounce and a lil bounce pry 2 more times after that.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Did you check the sway bar out? Some people dont like the kybs, mine are great. My stock sport springs and kyb gr2's are alot stiffer than yours looks. Does she handle the twisties better after the spring and shock swap?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Well, dont take anything for granted, just because it's 'new'. I got lower ball joint squeak at ~ 20K
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=135867

also I had all indications of {a} bad rear shocks so I got new and found someone hadnt tightened the top bushing down on the previous install.

I changed them anyway cause the gas was gone but they could have waited if I'd checked them out.

Still it sound like a 'rub' and by that I mean 'not under load / weight pressure'. Did you check upper CA bolts? Guess the bush>fender COULD make a noise like that if the sleeve was moving

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yea she does hug the road really good and can carve up the twisties pretty decent. Also i kinda assume it might be comming frm the sway bar, any suggestions on how to check it?
Yeah... disconnect it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
so as im looking down into the engine bay and i see the bolts holding on the sway bar i just remove those and push down my suspension again?
Well, that should change the sound but I meant disconnect the link from the sway bar, so the bar doesnt move when you push that side. It will probably move SOME still but ought to help isolate.

I'm sorry but you ought to at least remove that wheel and do a visual check on everything.. incl those UCA bolts.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, that should change the sound but I meant disconnect the link from the sway bar, so the bar doesnt move when you push that side. It will probably move SOME still but ought to help isolate.

I'm sorry but you ought to at least remove that wheel and do a visual check on everything.. incl those UCA bolts.
Will Do, Im at work now so i'll check it out here when i get off.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
loosen the sway bar bushings as best you can and squirt some spray lithium grease in there then see if it goes away. They are noisy when dry.
Alan

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
loosen the sway bar bushings as best you can and squirt some spray lithium grease in there then see if it goes away. They are noisy when dry.
Alan
It is the sway bar bushings, they look pretty dry and move slightly when i push the suspension down, i put it up in the air and checked everything and when we lowered it just b4 it touched the ground i put my hand on the bar and i could feel it tremor and could pinpoint that it was the point of origin. Alan when i loosen the bolts do i have to do any precautions or could i just loosen them up and spray em?

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Just loosen them up enough to squirt some grease in there. You could try a grease gun with a grease needle but I don't like to use that kind of grease on them. Lithium or silicon grease will not soften it up.
Alan

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just loosen them up enough to squirt some grease in there. You could try a grease gun with a grease needle but I don't like to use that kind of grease on them. Lithium or silicon grease will not soften it up.
Alan
Ok so just go in through the top and loosen the bolts holding the sway bar to the frame just enough to spray the whole bushing down with lithium grease correct?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Same Problem But...

Sorry to revive this thread for my own car, but I have the exact same problem, squeaking/rubber twisting sound is exactly the same on my car, just on right side. However the solution being 'the sway bar bushings' doesn't work in my case, I'm pretty sure. My sound was there before I replaced my sway bar bushings with new Poly bushings, and it still exists (btw I can't see new poly bushings squeaking like rubber). Also have brand new UCA's, LCA's, end links, outer strut-rod bushings. I've had the hood open and bounced the suspension and listened, definitely coming from down low, maybe inner strut-rod bushings?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What's funny is mine just kinda went away lol, I was gonna loosen them and spray away but one day it just quit hmmm, anyways I had them look at my shocks to see if they were worn but they said everything was ok.
Doombuggy - How hard was it to change your sway bar bushings?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts