TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
posting this because I don't know where else to put it..

but can anyone shed some light on what this is?

Sorry about the crappy phone pic...

thanks again

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well its on the corner of the coil pack..

condenser

I'm really trying troubleshoot my A/C problem and this is right next to a/c clutch harness..

thanks!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well My A/C will not run..this is with A/C on MAX, I've checked freon (good here). So after some reading on here. found that the clutch is burning the fuse under the dash when A/C is turned on..I forgot to mention that the A/C worked last summer, also last winter/ fall I rebuilt the top end of the engine...had the heads redone and new HG's and all.

one last thing I'm sure the Clutch works (replaced last summer) I bypass wired it to the battery just to see if it would run.. and it's good to go. the problem lies some where between the dash and clutch harness..

·
Registered
875 Posts
Mine was caused by the a/c cycling switch. If it's toast, the clutch will not kick in. Pull the plug off and stick a jumper in it, if it's the switch, the clutch should start.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you're blowing the fuse it sounds like you have a short to ground somewhere on your power wire to the compressor clutch. It could also be in the clutch itself. Disconnect the wire to the compressor then turn the A/C on. If it blows the fuse then it's the wiring somewhere. The only thing to really do then is to trace the wire back until you find the short. The good news is that a short is usually quite cheap to fix, it's finding them that's the annoying part.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Just because it engages with a direct wire to the battery, that doesn't mean that the clutch is fine. It could just be drawing too much amperage and blowing the fuse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts