TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I started to think about somethings and found this pic what is this crud?

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
no real proof but i hear that those fram suck balls. i stick with motorcraft on my fords

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
long oil change intervals when oil breaks down it becomes sludge

·
Super Moderator
3,631 Posts
On the pistons themselves is carbon deposits. In the valley it's sludge.

In any event, you need to change your oil on a regular basis. The inside of the engine should have a nice caramel color if you have done so.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the engine was like that before I bought it, I seen my brother scaping alot of sluge off of the push rods rockers and other parts he took off. we belive that the previos owner used cheap oil and beat the snot out of the when cold. and yes fram sucks. I want to buy a new block so bad.

·
Super Moderator
3,631 Posts
well the engine was like that before I bought it, I seen my brother scaping alot of sluge off of the push rods rockers and other parts he took off. we belive that the previos owner used cheap oil and beat the snot out of the when cold. and yes fram sucks. I want to buy a new block so bad.
Nah, it's not cheap oil. It's not changing the oil at all.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nah, it's not cheap oil. It's not changing the oil at all.
nice I've sea foamed it so many times too
just disassemble it, take it to a machine shop, and have them hot tank it, all the sludge will come right off... are you just doing the heads or a complete teardown...??
this is from when I ported my heads and put the cam in

·
Super Moderator
3,631 Posts
nice I've sea foamed it so many times too

this is from when I ported my heads and put the cam in

Well, when you get carbon deposits on the piston surfaces you would have to remove it mechanically since no solvent that you could run through the fuel system would remove it. The fuel that you are using is pretty much a solvent anyway. The sludge in the valley is just from not changing the oil. Sludge isn't on the pistons, that's carbon.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
aside from manually cleaning out the sludge. whats the best way to get it out? i know on my dads 350 has a tone-o-sludge on rockers and springs. we had to replace valve cover gaskets and seen that.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've heard of synthetic oil cleaning things up don't know if it's true. I really want tot pull the engine and replace somethings such as pan gasket and in stall the SC front sway bar, maybe a re-ring too. also all that crap you knock loose is gonna get caught in the oil pump and cause damage

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
yea thats what i heard from the guys at a local oil shop. they said that fram was no more them thin cardboard, while others like the motorcraft and napa were actual filter style paper or fiber

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes and motorcraft are junk from wal mart too. I know frams suck balls but I was trouble shooting a colant into oil problem and didn't want to keep spending the money on a good filter:rolleyes:

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
what is the best filter to use then? i have always had good luck with the craft and i want to make sure my cars are getting the best oil/ filter attention. on my taurus i use mobile1 full synthetic with a motorcraft filter

·
Super Moderator
3,631 Posts
yes and motorcraft are junk from wal mart too. I know frams suck balls but I was trouble shooting a colant into oil problem and didn't want to keep spending the money on a good filter:rolleyes:
What drugs are you smoking? Motorcraft always rank among the top filters available. In fact, most OEM filters are far better than the majority of the aftermarket filters.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.