TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the top of my windshield, on my 89 Thunderbird, right in the center directly on the other side of my rear view mirror, is a threaded type post that looks like it is made to have some sort of antenna to be screwed into it. Is this for some sort of phone option? If so, where in the world is the connection at on the inside of my car? If it is not for a phone, then what!!

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
The SC's and XR7's came with Auto Lights, this is where the sensor mounts for it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
If you are refering to the back windshield, then it could very well be a phone option. My 94 has a small antenna in the middle of the back windshield for the old car phones. The phone jack in my car is located on the passenger's side of the transmission tunnel where their feet would go. It is a small black box and the jack is on the bottom.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My car is an 89 LX, and it has auto dim that is working fine without the part I am asking about being used, as far as I can tell!!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
u got an alarm? remote start? could be the antenna for that. my old 93 cougar had remote start w alarm and keyless entry and it had the antenna behing the mirror

1 - 9 of 9 Posts