TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... What is this box in my trunk?? Its the box on the left and what does it do?

I've never unplugged it to see what it does. Just look at it and wonder what it is. I've taken it down and put it back up and while I had it in my hand it has some kinda software code on it.

Clay

·
Registered
663 Posts
That one on the driver's side could be the keyless entry module but I'm not sure. Blown96bird could be right too. The one on the right is *probably* the amp for the premium sound system if the car has it.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
If it says Lectron on it with the software code then that's your EVO controller. EVO= Electronically Variable Orifice...the solenoid that regulates ps pump pressure.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I can tell you all for sure that the box on the right side is the receiver for my car phone. I know this cause I installed it myself. My car doesn't have keyless entry. It has the Ford Security addon and I wired that down under the back seat.

Clay

·
Registered
43 Posts
Isn't the box up on the drivers side the electric trunk pop? It's connected to the trunk latch and linked to the button in your glove box. That's what I thought it was on my thunderbird....I moved it to the right to fit in my sub box

·
Registered
217 Posts
is that the steering computer on 1993 cars as well? my car is a 3.8 and the accoring to coolcats, "variable-assist power rack-and-pinion steering included and only available with optional 5.0L V8 engine."

http://www.coolcats.net/mn12/1993/options.html

my car has a box there but i do not know what it is. i will see what it says on it. i bought this car back in january and its my first MN12. on my car i took a quick look at it but i dont remember seeing any writing on it. i firgured it had something to do with the alarm or the previous owner installed a cheap amp, or part of the cheapo keyless entry. but i nevere hear of a part of those systems in the trunk.

my power steering is giving my troubles too, it stops working sometimes. A mechanic rplaced one of the hoses but it still happens.

Alan

·
Registered
217 Posts
just went into my trunk. the box i have is made by lectron. it has some numbers on a sticker. it has a big ford symbol in it. but unlike the car in the first post mine is on the pasenger side of the trunk. i did not even know my car had that. i am wondering now if the reason my steering is working bad is that the sensor or something that is inside the pump is clogged and making my power steering stop working breifly.

Alan

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
It is a big switching device for various items in your car. Like the fuel pump, and other stuff. Do not open it and look inside. It does have a bunch of relays inside. I geuss it can be called a multiswitch.

·
Registered
217 Posts
bad93bird said:
It is a big switching device for various items in your car. Like the fuel pump, and other stuff. Do not open it and look inside. It does have a bunch of relays inside. I geuss it can be called a multiswitch.
too late i already opened it. it was really easy to open too. very simple electronic board inside. really simple

Alan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts