TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Thunderbird LX
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This flew out to the ground in the accident I had. I got my car running so now I am moving on. Can someone tell me what this is and where it goes?

·
Registered
1996 Thunderbird LX
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the vacuum line that comes of the engine go straight to the brake booster for now. I need to go install the cowl first so this gets put back together properly. I finally have time again so I can do all of this right.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Yeah but that connects to your PCV valve .. The PCV connects to the metal line near the airbox that runs down to that canister / purge solenoid ..

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
18,545 Posts
There are 4 vacuum ports off the engine on 96-97s, all on the plenum. The top one on that goes to the tee/booster, the two on the front that go to the PCV valve and EGR lines respectively and one on the back that goes to the charcoal canister. The booster line is unrelated to this one

·
Registered
1996 Thunderbird LX
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

So this is not the only vacuum line off the engine? I know it goes to a tee on the wiper linkage. That is also off the car right now.

·
Super Moderator
11,061 Posts
Oh.... well I feel like a doofus. Thanks for the help.
No Problem; the last time I can remember someone asking this question it was way worse...

:)

Reactions: XR7-4.6
1 - 9 of 9 Posts