TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, both of my cars have been leaking oil. One from the front end and the other from the rear. Well, I was checking the first one (that was leaking from the front) and noticed not only a little anti-freeze, but this mysterious rubber gasket. It was hanging down slightly... so I pulled on it ever so slightly, and it feel down. Well, obviously it is supposed to be attached. Will someone please explain to me if this is a major problem.

The front of the vehicle is to the right of the screen.

Thank you!

-Kornhaus

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
that's the torque convertor access cover, don't worry about it falling out, it's supposed to come out with a tug, however, you shouldn't have any anti freeze in there unless you got a leaky freeze plug, or something. my guess is it is prolly coming from somewhere in the front and it is being swept back by the air moving under the car.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While under my car, I noticed it was REALLY oily... can I use degreaser on everything to clean it? really hate how nasty it is... even though it is the under side of the vehicle!

-Kornhaus

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
sure, shouldn't cause any probs at all, i do mine every now and then, i use the wally world tech 2000 foaming engine degreaser, only costs about 78 cents a can, and get about five or six cans and use them all, works really good for the $$$'s, try that.....:D

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does that stuff stain concrete or garage floors? If so, I will have to just use good ol' elbow grease. I don't want to stain the concrete or my garage floor!

-Kornhaus

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
i dunno about it staining the concrete, it shouldn't, but just in case, do it at the car wash, that's hella better than doing it the old fashioned way, lol......:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts