·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Mine is at:

Down: 5032kbps

Up: 2052kbps

Cox High Speed Cable: Advertised at 5000 Down and 2000 Up. My PC is "tuned" perfectly (courtesy of www.broadbandreports.com). I am actually getting better than the advertised speed :D !

Just wondering what others are using and whats your actual conection speed and what is it advertised at? I know some of you guys probably have som insane speeds! But mine is perfect for me!

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
beat this b!tch

12Mb down, 5mb up :)

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mmmm, NICE!

:D

What are you using?

·
6,253 Posts
DWDM fiber backbone at work.. helps when you work at an ISP :)

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhh, that explains it!

;)

So who can beat that??

:D

·
6,253 Posts
lol :uppoint:

the other building, we can go 26Mb down, 26Mb up :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Blah....

Download Speed: 2426 kbps
Upload Speed: 342 kbps

·
Registered
344 Posts
hah,

2504 down 465 up.... Not bad for a wireless connection from our College 3 blocks away, it helps though that i was in the class that set up that wireless network so i can set my IP here at my house... The handbook reads " wireless internet access for students across the campus" But i dont read that the student has to be ON campus to take use of that access...Ha

Jon:D

·
Registered
156 Posts
man i only got 3481

·
6,253 Posts
DMcBrideBoston said:
did it again

29331 Down

6632 Up

Why does it flucuate so much?
varies on current usage :) throughput varies a lot across the assigned bandwidth

ran the test again, i got 12Mbps upload LOL

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sheeesh, downloading at almost 30Mbps... you guys planning on downloading the whole WorldWideWeb or something??? LOL You wouldn't even be able to tell if there was a problem, because when it is going "slow" it would probably still be twice the speed of mine...hehe!

That is just insane! I never thought a person needed such a fast connection.Wish I had them speeds!

:tongue:

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
jonlittle said:
hah,

2504 down 465 up.... Not bad for a wireless connection from our College 3 blocks away, it helps though that i was in the class that set up that wireless network so i can set my IP here at my house... The handbook reads " wireless internet access for students across the campus" But i dont read that the student has to be ON campus to take use of that access...Ha

Jon:D
Heh, goota love those loopholes :D

KrAzyT said:
And proud of it :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts