TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 92 5.0 bird, i need to replace the spring isolators, what was the trick wth using 2 sets of the cobra, or where do i get the energy suspension kind?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Might find some here.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Try the Prothane Isolators

The Prothane spring isolators are really for an IRS Cobra. I got mine at: Laurel Mountain Mustang

You'll need Flash Player to access the site (hate it!). Once you're there, it's under "Late Model" then "Chassis Components" "Prothane & Polyurethane Bushings". Near the bottom of the chart is "1999-04 Cobra IRS Coil Spring Insulators 6-1709BL" The price is per pair, so you'll need 2 sets. The Cobra only uses them on the LCA, but an MN-12 uses an upper and a lower for each side, which are the same size. I've ordered from them a few times with no problems.

I'll try to post a pic later tonight (need batteries)... I've had the isolators for quite a while, but just got new springs today. Just checked - they definitely DO fit.

Best of Luck!
That is all...

·
Registered
262 Posts
25svo,

Here's what one looks like:

The spring is a Tokico rear, and the spring perch is for mounting into a MKVIII lower control arm. Just make certain you lube them up really well with silicone grease, like this:
The Prothane spring isolators DO NOT come with grease. Use a silicone based grease, NOT a petroleum based one.

That is all...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that for the pic but i do know what the are,do, look like,

i just needed the part # hopefully i can get them in yellow but i doubt it

·
Registered
262 Posts
that for the pic but i do know what the are,do, look like,
The point of the pic was to show that they fit.

i just needed the part # hopefully i can get them in yellow but i doubt it
According to their catalog:
Colors

PROTHANE™ kits are stocked only in RED or BLACK polyurethane. NOTE that all part numbers listed are for RED kits, if BLACK is desired, you must add the code-BL to the end of the part number. Other colors may be available by advanced special ordering only when quantity minimums and other requirements are met.

That is all...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts