TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
ok lets do it this way what do u have make a list and i will fill in the blanks and everything else u need.. ill try to help u out .. im almost done with my all i have to do is put the motor together

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Oil cooler is not necessary. I use a werx pump for my return oil. Looking good. The bend on the driver side looks iffy but shouldn't cause any problems..

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
You could just try the gravity drain first. if it works out for you it would save you 200$+ dollars for a pump. Plenty have ran gravity drains with no problems whatsoever. Just keep the PCV system of course.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Oil cooler is not necessary. I use a werx pump for my return oil. Looking good. The bend on the driver side looks iffy but shouldn't cause any problems..
ya but it helps the life of the turbos with cooler oil .. in mine im just covering all the bases . some might be over kill but i know its going to last

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The oil cooler is a def posibilty. I want to get the remote mount filter on first and then figure out how the lines for the return and supply will run. I also need to get an intercooler that i like and will fit. I have a plate full of crap lol. I think im going to get the lines ran first for the feed and supply do some test runs with the oil return and see if i want to use the grav or scav. The intercooler is also weighing on my mind.

Zero

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
idk yet. i really dont want a knock off but it will get the job done and work. but fitting it in there and the tubing is iffy.

Zero

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
yea i was looking at your piping. Im unsure still tho. I need to get an intercooler that i like and will fit in there and then just work the piping for sure. I also want to get a shorter but thicker rad aswell.

Zero

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
What are you using for your fan system? I have the extra two cylinders so i dont have as much room as you do. I think i need to go with a slim fan myself.

Zero

·
Super Moderator
97 Thunderbird 4.6, 98 Mark VIII LSC
11,170 Posts
FYI - you will need to swap the blue and white wires in the harness adapter for your HIDs, otherwise your high beams will be on all the time.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Thanks terminator. I figured that out the other day when i was taking the pictures and all. I dont think im going to worry about it just yet unless i attract the police attention with super bright lights.

Zero

·
Registered
91 Super Coupe
1,339 Posts
What are you using for your fan system? I have the extra two cylinders so i dont have as much room as you do. I think i need to go with a slim fan myself.

Zero
I'm using a Griffin 3" thick aluminum radiator for a 5.0 MN12 and a Mrk8 fan with trimmed down housing. Also have a 14" spal pusher fan mounted on the face of the radiator. Using the Mrk8 fan also required upgrading to a higher output 3G alternator and larger power wire and main fuse.

David

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Got it. I really need to get the Stock timing cover and brackets for the motor. LOL. I need more space up there.

Zero

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Ok so while im waiting on my front brackets and cover to show up i decided to do some measuring and look it all over with the light bar out of my way. Got it all out and was looking at the airbag sensors. What actually sets these things off? Im asking because if i can move them to a diffrent location i can spare some wiring and space issues upfront with those damn brackets hanging down in the way. My next thing is where would a decent spot to relocate the washer fluid tank be? its been awhile since i looked at the pre 96 mn12's but i know they didnt keep there tank up in the bar area.

Zero

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Ah. thanks superduty. I was thinking about it and I think I have a solution to the problem. Ill post pics if it works and looks good.

Zero

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.