TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I bought a motorcraft battery for $60+ bucks, and the car sat (it did discharge a few times) for a couple years. Now it won't hold a charge worth crap, and I will not ever buy another one of these. My brother bought an optima battery that "crapped out" on him, so I dunno about these either. What's used the most around here?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Any battery will die prematurely under those conditions.
Had you kept it charged with a battery charger or a battery tender you'd be o.k.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
i've been using motorcraft for years in various vehicles with no problems. granted, none of them sit for any extended period of time.....

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
I've got an optima red top that came with my Tbird. No telling how old it is but its just fine. Works great. It's sitting in a storage facility right now though. The battery is unhooked but we'll see how well it lasts just sitting there for 4 months. The next one I'm etting will be a Yellow top Deep Cycle.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I usually get one from Advanced Auto Parts, but Motorcraft batteries are good. I have seen people get some amazing life from them, I just don't want to spend big bucks for one. I usually get a battery with a free 3 yr replacement. I have also had good luck with Walmart batteries.
You have to keep them charged up for good life and you may have some other issue going on.

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,261 Posts
Battery maint. Replace it every two years. You'll neve have a problem.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
FYI Guys
I do telephone work for a living, Was at a place last week Johnson Controls battery plant, Batterys were coming off the line all the same , BUT all kinds of names were being put on them. Interstate, Diehard, Duralast, and many other names, being built the same just differant names .

I am sure that is not new news to any of you

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
i did not know that. wow.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Jon Did not know that as well till I whent down there , Was very surprized the one name I did not see was Motorcraft

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Most all batteries are made by Delphi, Exide, or Johnson Controls. I have heard that Motorcraft is made by Johnson Controls All 3 companies make different models of the Everstart batteries. I have heard of people bringing Everstart batteries back to walmart just shy of 3 yrs for a free replacement, they do not check them like the autopart stores.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
ahah I like my red top... it's light. And so far it has done great. Everyone has told me they can't handle vibration and big jars and what not but the roads in Eastern Washington such so bad and it has lasted since last sept. So...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts