TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HAven't gotten one yet. I found one from an early model SC. but the guy is kinda dragging ***. Either way, I need to get my speedo working. Hopefully the grease will do it.

Hey Mark, where would you use the grease? Inside the motor? The grease in my speedo originally was whitish (sort of like a white lithium grease). I thought graphite was darker?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just had a look at a spare odometer motor, and there is just a tiny bit of grease on the end of the gear. The rest is clean and dry. As I recall in an email to the guy at odometergears.com, he said to just use a tiny bit of lithium grease, as the gears are self lubricating (unless he was referring to the new gears I purchased from him).

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blkadder said:
I just had a look at a spare odometer motor, and there is just a tiny bit of grease on the end of the gear. The rest is clean and dry. As I recall in an email to the guy at odometergears.com, he said to just use a tiny bit of lithium grease, as the gears are self lubricating (unless he was referring to the new gears I purchased from him).

So you're saying that inside the motor itself it was dry? Hmmm. I could swear there was some kind of lubricant on there. What's preventing the metal drum from getting stuck to the plates? There is a fair amount of play there...

·
Registered
192 Posts
The inside of mine is dry. Once it is assembled, the spring inside of the brown cylinder compresses, pushing the pin into it's locator. The other side is geared to the large and small odometer gears, thus centering the assembly in the magnet housing. Just my observations though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts