TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, is there anyone out there who is so good you can tell the brand of a set of headers by looking at a pic? If so, what kind are these?

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
They look like SS autochromes to me. I bought a set and have them on my bird. Definate sound difference. I dont know about power increase because i did it at the same time as my headswap :)

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
and if you buy them, mine needed slightly longer bolts than supplied. Good luck

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What did they cost new, and have you had any problems with leaking?

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
they have notorious issues with cracking and arent worth it. As the runners internal diameter is smaller than the exhaust port on the head.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
I bought mine off ebay new for 130. Some body had them but didnt install them. They're not leaking that i know of. Youll see what i mean about the bolts though, they seem lie theyre in but the company did not compensate for the flange, I bought half inch longer bolts. Oh in my other post i ment i had to buy longer bolts.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well if they are indeed SSAutochromes, then I won't be buying them. Not that I'm too concerned about the quality, but the price is already higher than 130.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
the Autochromes were cast from early JBA casts.....later JBA castings had a strut bar to reduce flex and cracking...but they are still crap.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The Great Obucina said:
they have notorious issues with cracking and arent worth it. As the runners internal diameter is smaller than the exhaust port on the head.
Agreed, I bought a set from Ebay about a year ago and was extremely disappointed with them. Half assed chrome and the spots that didn't get chromed were covered up in silver paint. Crappy welds, grinding marks all over the place and as stated, the inner diameters of the flow tubes themselves were smaller than the ports on my stock heads. Needless to say, I unloaded them as quickly as possible and spent the money on a set of Kooks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts