TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the local car junkyard today looking for headlamp assembly units for my 90 thunderbird.

I got one from one car, but the other one was cracked. In the ford section I found another headlamp that looked identical to what I was looking for. I honestly can't even remember if it was from a thunderbird, but I am pretty sure it was.

The biggest difference I noticed in the car was that there was like a roof over the headlamp. Like the following picture... the red part is the "roof" im referring to:

Basically, on my thunderbird (and all the other 89 & 90 tbirds I've seen) I can go straight down and grab the clips that hold the screws into the headlamp. Though, on this car, I had to go at an angle about an inch towards the engine to get to the clips.

I would take pictures, but it looks EXACTLY the same, I had the 90 headlamp sitting next to it, and I couldn't tell the difference. The only way I know its different is because the lense wont fit on the other capsules. Here is an ebay pic of the 90 headlamp:

No, this is not a 94 or any of the block/square shaped

Any ideas?

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
are you sure it was off a tbird? if not then it maybe its off a 92-97 crown victoria. the headlights are very simular to the 89-93 tbirds, and you said it had a roof over the headlights? well on my 97 crown vic theres a roof over it also. maybe its on all 90's fords or not but heres a pic to help you. its off a 92-97 crown vic. cant really help you unless you post a pic of it

-Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts