TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my user name suggests, I have a 97 Bird. It only has 54k miles on it, and there are already a couple of minor glitches I've noticed.

First, the passenger window struggles to go down, and almost comes to a complete stop when going back up. Second, over the winter, my washer fluid sensor seems to have stopped working. Despite having a full reservoir, it reads low fluid.

Right now, these are my only complaints,(I know they are tiny) and the good far exceeds the bad. I really like my car, but I'd like to know what kind of little things went wrong with your cars that I should be expecting. I see a lot of talk about the big stuff (transmission) but usually not the little stuff.

Maybe we could share solutions to the problems that seem too small to require their own thread?

Thanks for your time,
John

·
8,239 Posts
sure put new window motors in the car. I did that in my 95 and it makes a world of difference.

Also replace the sensor, or attempt to clean it.

Two pretty easially solved problems.

JH

·
AnimeWhore
1,796 Posts
I lost a fuel pump and a MAF sensor about a year after I got the car.
Within the last year I lost my intake manifold due to too much redline abuse, and my oil pressure gauge freaked out due to a bad sending unit.

·
Registered
303 Posts
my passenger side door lock button Locks, but won't unlock:rolleyes:

that's the ONLY thing that doesn't work, and it annoys the sh|t outta me...

·
Registered
972 Posts
Um, Ive blown a headgasket, Im pretty sure thats an isolated incident, Right.
:uppoint: :uppoint:

Ive blown 2 diffs up and shattered 1 diff cover.
2 hafshafts
a few other minor things.
:uppoint:

Some minor problems have been stuck window.
the switch panel had come off of the door and it flaps around, but at least I can have a wired remote for locking my doors and rolling up my windows to a certain point.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
After I got my bird I started to lock my doors and the first time I did I forgot it was locked and tried to open the door and *SNAP* there goes the handle. On the bright side I get extra use out of the passenger door!:rolleyes:

Adam

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
tsbird1994 said:
my passenger side door lock button Locks, but won't unlock:rolleyes:

that's the ONLY thing that doesn't work, and it annoys the sh|t outta me...
Mine does the exact opposite...the button will unlock the doors but not lock them.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Palmguy said:

Mine does the exact opposite...the button will unlock the doors but not lock them.

how do you fix it?? I looked at the wiring behind the switch and it seems complicated. (I could be wrong) But i'd like to get it fixed:leftright

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it easy to remove the door panels? My experience with removing interior panels involves little plastic clips that are never the same again. With the exception of the items mentioned earlier, my interior is like new, and I don't want to be the cause of some rattles.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Bought the car 2 years ago this past January:
-driver's power window motor
-MFS (hazard lifghts didn't work)
-Computer took a dump a week before college started last August
-One or two of the stock springs were broken, so I upgraded them with SC springs and a nice new set of Bilsteins. Funny thing I didn't realize my shocks were as bad as they were until I got the Bilsteins.
-Gonna do upper and lower ball joints/control arms this weekend. fun fun:rolleyes: You guys have any helpful tips/suggestions/technical articles?

Other than those, it's been a really good car. We bought it with just under 60K on it, and now it has just over 110K. I'd say it has been pretty reliable, and as far as I know, is still on the stock tranny. Lord knows I haven't been easy on it either.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
488 Posts
Gas gauge reads full but "low fuel" stays lit up.I have cahnged the sending unit and it didn't cure problem.So i just fill up and reset trip odometer. I fill up at 250 miles.I need to tear gauges out and check the wires to it I guess.

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
power antennas broke and i have the same MFS problem that 94tchicken had. and sometimes the engine hums really loud when its running, tryin to figure out what that is, but i not concerned

·
Registered
39 Posts
well on my 91 SC my whole driver side door is screwed up. The window doesn't move, the hinges are shot, and the door doesn't open from the outside, but that getting fixed while it out of commission now. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts