TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to change my oil soon, so I need to pick up a filter. I know that FRAM is terrible, so what is good? I'm a low budget man, so im willing to give up a little quality for a drop in price.

I have heard that the motocraft filters are very good, and one of the cheapest. Thus I think im going to try and pick up one of these.

Could someone tell me what part number I need & where I could get one? It seems that pepboys only has FRAM. And I heard that walmart wont carry motocraft anymore.

Help? :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
You can go to your local auto parts store and pick up motorcraft oil filter part# fl820s I think. I go to advance auto parts or autozone.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Autozone sells motorcraft oil filters part# fl820s for $3.69

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sorry your part number will be fl400s at autozone for $3.49...the fl820s is for my car a 94 4.6 V8

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Personally I use Purolator 20195 for about $3.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
it'll work on any 3.8/4.2/3.0/2.0/1.9 They use it on almost every 4 and 6 cylinder.
-Thomas

·
8,978 Posts
5-7? for a renamed Wix filter? F That.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Apparently you don't know anything about WIX filters. Not a renamed WIX filter, a WIX filter that says NAPA on it. Tell me where to get a premium WIX w/o the NAPA paint, cheaper, and I'll be there.

They're the "#1 Filter in NASCAR" for a reason. I can't think of any filter I'd rather own.

Tell us about your "pet" filter dude.

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
BlackCat, the local O'Reilly's sells Wix filters.

·
Registered
241 Posts
BlackCat94 said:
Apparently you don't know anything about WIX filters. Not a renamed WIX filter, a WIX filter that says NAPA on it. Tell me where to get a premium WIX w/o the NAPA paint, cheaper, and I'll be there.

They're the "#1 Filter in NASCAR" for a reason. I can't think of any filter I'd rather own.

F'in Walmart.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Motorcraft and Purorlator are SUPPOSED to be the same.. But anyway motorcraft oil and filter at my local wal-mart for me.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Why are Fram filters so bad?

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
brokenmachines_e2 said:
F'in Walmart.
My Wal-Mart has Super-Tech, Fram, and Motorcraft. The Motorcraft line is being discontinued. Which leaves me using WIX filters.

PCD said:
BlackCat, the local O'Reilly's sells Wix filters.
Auto Value also sells them, though, they do not say NAPA on them. :D

O'Reilly's hasn't made it this far North. In the nearby areas I'm stuck with the weak old standby places. Auto Value, NAPA, Car Quest, Champion, Bumper to Bumper.

·
Registered
208 Posts
i use the napa, and get it from McKays for about 5 bucks, but i get it at cost through work

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
never had a problem with the wix filters on my car

·
8,978 Posts
BlackCat94 said:

Wix filter at o'reilly autoparts - $3.80

1 - 20 of 34 Posts