TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at an Epson C82. 22ppm, separated ink cartridges, 5780x1440 dpi.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I'll be doing mostly black printing, with occasionally webpages and photos.

·
8,239 Posts
anything except lexmark. My mother got one of those free with her computer, and I know why, the thing sucks ink like crazy, and jams every other time you print something.

I personally have great luck with HP printers. I have a 930c that was like 40 bucks refurbished, and does a great job of printing, and graphics, and even does some light photo printing.

JH

·
Registered
239 Posts
hp's seem to work pretty well too. i have had a couple of them. however, one bad thing i noticed about them, well, not them directly, but the software that comes with it blows in my opinion. it took me several installs, downloading of drivers, and more installs.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have had both lexmark, and hp printers, and I prefer the hp. It prints faster,
better quality, and the printer program seems to be much more stable. IMO
the lexmark printers are a waste of money.

·
Registered
366 Posts
lexmarks plain suck... every HP i ever bought only lasted till a week after the warenty ran up... but ive had epsons that last for ever. My first one was a stylus 500 color that lasted for 6 years (and still works). just no use for it. I have a sylus color 880 now and i love it!

·
Registered
855 Posts
IMO

Lexmark (sometimes known as Compaq/Samsung/Brother/IBM) - cheap printers are crap......more expensive printers are pretty good esp. the laser one's

HP - good printer's overall, great ink consumption, reliable

Epson - good printers, great photo quality prints.

Canon - total crap. lol. i really hate these printers,...if you guys think that Lexmarks suck, you haven't had a canon printer.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
94birdnj said:
IMO

Lexmark (sometimes known as Compaq/Samsung/Brother/IBM) - cheap printers are crap......more expensive printers are pretty good esp. the laser one's

HP - good printer's overall, great ink consumption, reliable

Epson - good printers, great photo quality prints.

Canon - total crap. lol. i really hate these printers,...if you guys think that Lexmarks suck, you haven't had a canon printer.
Lexmark = KIA

HP = Lincoln

Epson = Chevy

Canon = Hyndia

Atleast thats the terms I can understand =)

I work for HP so I am biast but I have seen our comparsions and for ink consumption we are on of the best for resolution we are just avarage. Over all I dont think you can get much beter then hp as we can fit any kind of need just depends on what you are going to use it for.

And that you have friends at TCCoA who can get employee discounts. (Wink Wink)
PM me with your needs and I can get you better pricing then anywhere else.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
94birdnj said:

Why don't you like Canon? What specifically? I'm strongly leaning towards the Canon i550 printer... cheap cartridges, last a long time, and great fast print quality... not to mention separated ink cartridges.

I'm planning on doing photos, text, graphics, and sometimes webpages... so my black better last a while.

·
8,239 Posts
The canon is garbage too, I had one of those, I don't remember the model, but it was deffinitely on pace with Lexmark in terms of quality.

JH

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JustinH said:
The canon is garbage too, I had one of those, I don't remember the model, but it was deffinitely on pace with Lexmark in terms of quality.

JH
I'm still reading reviews on the i550, and everyone seems to say that the cartridges last a long time, even when printing photos. It prints using 5 picoliters instead of 3 picoliters like the i820.. but for $120, can't really beat it.

I was also looking at an HP 5550, as it has auto paper sensing, but it doesn't have separated ink cartridges like the Canon does.

What, exactly, didn't you like about the printer? If you can get me a model number, let me know.. I'm just trying to do my homework before I spend the money.

Do you know if the Canon comes with full cartridges (all color and a black), or are they starter cartridges?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
HP 6P is a great printer. At 6 or 7 ppm it may sound slow, but the instant warm up is what saves you. For the average 1 or 2 pager it kicks the **** outa the Giant Fujitsu Printpartner 10V. Damn thing takes 4 or 5 mins to warm up. For home usage I would certainly buy one with the a very short warm up time. W/o it printing anything on a laser sux. The fujitsus are nice printers also, but hard to find anymore.

·
8,239 Posts
you might want to check out refurb units on newegg.com or pricewatch.com.

A good way to save money, and I have never had trouble with a hp refurb. I think my 930 was like 45 dollars shipped, with ink and everything necessary.

Justin

·
Registered
239 Posts
refurb stuff is very good. you can also find that kinda stuff in stores, not just online. also, if you get lucky, you can find stuff that someone returned, but sometimes the store can't sell it for the full price. there is a little more risk involved in that, because it is returned...but refurbished stuff is good

1 - 14 of 14 Posts