TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have made a good size list that I want to do to my '96 Cougar to make it different. Here they are:

*New 96-97 Cougar headlights (pair)

*Xenon ground effects kit w/o Xenon rear spoiler

*96-97 Cougar Ram Air Style Fiberglass Hood w/ chrome steel hood pins

*Big Brake upgrades for the frint & rear

*Flowmaster dual exhaust system w/ chrome tips

*Vertical Door Conversion Kit

*Audiobahn or Kicker or JL Audio sound system

*Poineer In-dash Multimedia Receiver

*5"x7" Component speakers

*Re-tint the windows to 5% all around

It already has a set of chrome 20" Mazzi Klaw wheels w/ Nexen N3000 tires, windows tinted 35%, clear corners & I changed my filament bulbs to LED bulbs.

List of what I want to do but is a while off:

*New 3.8L V6 engine w/ supercharger & new Auto transmission, driveshaft, rear end.

*Shave the door handles, antenna, rear lights on trunk, license plate. I plan to leave the Cougar emblems installed b/c most shaved cars I've seen don't have the emblems anymore.

List of mods I'm not sure of yet:

*Custom-drilled 22" wheels & 245/30/22 tires

*I'd really like to find a set of custom-made HID projector headlights for it

*A set of custom Euro taillights installed (so-called "frenched into place").

*I'd like to get it bagged but that'll be a while.

Once the car is complete it will be repainted the OEM color (Moonlight Blue Clearcoat Metallic) w/ the underbody "Rhino-lined" in blue to prevent any rust from ever starting.

Tell me what you think should be done first. If you know anyone who will make me a set of HID projector headlights I'd be very interested in buying a set in either 12000K or 10000K. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
hood, brakes or exhaust would be mine.....not a fan of the vertical door stuff. too ricey for my taste. and am also iffy on the Xenon gfx.

goodluck

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Well, since you have big wheels and plan on going even bigger, I say a brake upgrade is one that should be very high up on the list. Hood wouldn't be too bad either. Also, Round speakers > oval speakers.

Just my 2 lincolns on the deal.

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
84 Fila said:
Flowmaster dual exhaust system w/ chrome tips
OR
4.6 swap ( My own idea)

I would do a 4.6 swap or even a 5.0 swap but I didn't want the added weight up front.....but a very good idea

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
84 Fila said:
4.6 swap ( My own idea)
Looked into that when I bought my car. For some reason, completely rewiring the car, redoing the supension, and a host of other things did not seem all that appealing. From what I see here anyway, I am thinking more along the lines that he is building a show car. Not a quarter mile terror.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
96_Cougar said:
I would do a 4.6 swap or even a 5.0 swap but I didn't want the added weight up front.....but a very good idea
you don't want to add weight, but, most of the stuff you listed, will add some decent weight?????

·
Registered
871 Posts
Almost everything on that list will add weight.

Flowmaster doesn't make a true duel exhaust system that I know about.
You are better off getting some custom work done for the exhaust.

Also - "*I'd really like to find a set of custom-made HID projector headlights for it"
You are going to have to make those, you can't buy them.

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I know all the things listed will add weight but a 4.6/5.0 engine on top of that is what I meant. All that plus the extra weight from a V8 is to much weight in the front end for me plus I don't want to hurt my gas mileage any cause I get pretty decent......

I know that there are no companies that make them for our cars but I was referring to other members who have them & would be interested in making another set. Sorry for the mix-ups.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
For the record:
Curb weight of '96 Cougar w/V6 - 3558 lb.
Curb weight of '96 Cougar w/V8 - 3725 lb.

The difference isn't all that much (167 lbs), you'll be adding that much just with ground effects, stereo, and all the other goodies. A splitport swap w/ cam, heads, and manifolds would get you to about the power level of the stock V8

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
JustinH said:
Hmm, i didn't see chrome spinner hubcaps on that list.

Haha....funny. I'm not into the whole "spinner" thing like a lot of people are. Spinners are nice but just not for me.

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
eg0r said:
dude ur car looks good already
cant wait to see pictures of ur mods when ur done :D
Thanks eg0r, your car looks good as well w/ those Rozzi's

·
Registered
268 Posts
dirtyd0g said:
I wouldn't put a 4.6 or a 5.0 in that car. I'd put the splitport in it.
Alan
:zwthstpd: yeah my split port engine is coming to my door step in a few days im excited to start building it up...

·
5,650 Posts
JL2K7388 said:
yeah my split port engine is coming to my door step in a few days im excited to start building it up...
Did you just get the standard stuff or did you get your stuff ported? Either way, I'm curious to know how you like it. If you don't mind, let me know how the swap was (any difficulties) as well as how the power feels.

·
Registered
268 Posts
im buying the complete motor, swapping a 4.2 shortblock and using the rest of the mustang parts, the heads and the intakes will be ported and polished by thomas

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Carlover007 said:
Almost everything on that list will add weight.

Flowmaster doesn't make a true duel exhaust system that I know about.
You are better off getting some custom work done for the exhaust.

Also - "*I'd really like to find a set of custom-made HID projector headlights for it"
You are going to have to make those, you can't buy them.
dual.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Take some stuff out like sound deadning and other random stuff you don't need. I think it woul dhelp if we knew ware you going. Personal project, Street/Strip, Showcar, All of the above??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts