TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's coming close to the time to change my oil. I have 95,000 miles on my t-bird, I life in california so the weather is always around 60-70 degrees.

I have seen some of those oil products that are like "Maximum protection for cars with 75,000+ miles" should I go for one of those?

What do you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ive always ran Castrol or Valvoline. As far as max mileage oils go, I dunno about them. Just regular Valvoline... Pennzoil has left me some nasty paraffin wax buildup before, so I dont touch the ****.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I use that Valvoline Maxlife stuff on the last 4/5 oil changes ive done. 108K miles and this car is running like new with a full tune up and oil change...I ran some tranny fluid throught teh car with the oil to clean it all out around 40miles or so before I change the oil to clean the engine out...Some people will disagree with waht I do, but owell.

But Yeah, that Valvoline Maxlife is pretty decient oil. I use redline in my Honda's (Ohh no i jsut didnt say honda!) and we use that in my dads Hurst Olds 442, but its rarely driven though..

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
rolledthatho said:
id just use 10w40 motorcraft, its what ive always used and i have 199k on my 4cyl mustang
Long live 2.3 power and Motorcraft oil! 5w30 Motorcraft is all I have ever used in my four-banger Ranger and I am up to 233k miles. It still runs like new.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
5w30 Havoline, and going by Bob the Oil guy this is the best bang for your buck.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
I used to use 10w30 mobile 1 syn all the time, now I'm just using valvoline 10w30, its a good oil. The valvoline maxlife is a synthetic blend and will provide more protection with more additives and last a bit longer, I may switch to that next time. You can go more miles on synthetic blend and even more on full synthetic, but remember to change the oil filter every 3,000 miles unless it's a mobile 1 oil filter.

I have over 150k miles on my 3.8, bought it at 89k, 180* t-stat, and I push the motor hard all the time, and I can still clearly make out the cross hatches on all 6 cylinder walls.

-Thomas (Uber Luber :D )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts