TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I am a new member, and I just bought a set of fanblades for on my Taurus.

Seeing as the fanblades have a T-bird logo on them, I would like to get a different set of center caps.

So far, I know that the super coupe exposed-lug caps:

Taurus SHO slicer caps:

and Taurus exposed-lug caps (which I hear are exactly the same as the SC ones):

Those will all fit, but are there any other options?

And can someone explain to me the difference between the years and models of the center caps so I know what to search for?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Actually the center caps in the first pic are specific to 96/97 Sport wheels. The '93-'95 SC centercaps are the same as the LX fanblade center caps.
The metal caps for the 16" Turbo Coupe snowflake wheels will fit but they have a T-bird logo imprint on them as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ohhhhh, I knew I had seen SC wheels with the same caps I have, but then I found this picture, so I just figured there was two different caps offered or something.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts

Those Centercaps will fit. Fox body mustang center caps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did those come in anything other that chrome? I want something that will look like it belongs on the wheels.

I just finished putting them on... please excuse the dirt, I needed new tires really bad and it started snowing real bad today so I did't get a chance to clean them before I got the tires mounted...

um, why won't it post the actual pictures?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mrrrr.... I got some of the Sport/Taurus center caps... put them on and I don't really like them much. :-\

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are these the mustang caps that will fit?

eBay Item number: 380109369452

And these will fit on the SC wheels too, right?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Sorry to threadjack but is there a set of exposed lug centercaps for EARLY style SC wheels?

Best,
Ghost

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Are those the early style SC wheels? Do they have the same size center caps as the fanblades?

If so, then the Taurus 5-hole caps and the Sport 5-hole caps (both in first post) should fit.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Sport caps won't match though because of the contours but yes it is the style of wheels you pictured

1 - 11 of 11 Posts