TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone in town is parting out a 1997 Thunderbird rather than rebuilding/replacing its engine. I have a 95 and was hoping to pick up his header panel, lights and hood. While I was there I was going to get the Cup holder/Arm rest center consul.
I wanted to know what else the 97 model has that is desirable. I know I could find my answer searching through thousands of posts. Normally I would but I'm at work and we're going to meet up tonight. Thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Grab the complete set of taillights. Your 95 if still stock, will have the black stripe across the bottom. The 96+ have an all red design, looks much better imo.

·
Super Moderator
7,514 Posts
Also grab the instrument cluster surround and sell it to that guy who swapped the 03 cobra motor into his SC (lil mikey is his user name). Also, might as well take the newer style intake, fuel lines, vacuum harness, etc in case you ever want to swap it over to your 95.

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Grab the EGR tube off the engine. Ford doesn't make any more of them, and neither does anyone else. I had to use a rubber hose on my 3.8.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Also grab the instrument cluster surround and sell it to that guy who swapped the 03 cobra motor into his SC (lil mikey is his user name). Also, might as well take the newer style intake, fuel lines, vacuum harness, etc in case you ever want to swap it over to your 95.
Definitely grab the dash surround Mikey needs one. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yes! PM me the price for the instrument cluster, bezel, and shipping to Vancouver WA, if it is available. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
418 Posts
look for rear disc brakes and 3.27 trac lok too

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys.

Lil Mikey I'll get the price of the instrument cluster and bezel. I'll get pictures too and let you know.

I didn't get to meet up with him last night. He was too busy but I'll let you all know what I get.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Why don't you offer him something for the whole car?Than take what you want and part the rest?There is alot of parts I am sure people will want.

If the motor is blown he should have no problem selling it for crazy cheap.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since he and I first talked I have called three times with no reply. Unfortunately, it seems he is not interested or already sold it. But as you all probably know there is always another deal out there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts