TCCoA Forums banner

what should i do for the winter as far as transportation?

• drive lightning sporadically on nice days only

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • bring bird up as winter car

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • bring altima up as winter car

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • bring bird up but keep the lightning also...

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what should i do guys? keep in mind this is a northcentral indiana winter so it snows a lot and nice days are few and far between. but also keep in mind that storing the lightning is a b*tch because i will NOT let anyone else..not even my dad drive it. so i would have to store it the entire winter and trust my dad :rolleyes:

as far as keeping the bird and the lightning on campus...its doable but it'll cost me....probably 40 bucks extra/month....but as far as driving her here then going back and forth to get both cars here will be a hassle...

also...i dont like the altima very much :p dont know why i have it...:confused:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
take the altima, it may not be a ford, but saves the bird and L from the harshness.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Use the Altima...

FWD, Not as much torque as the Lightning or the T'Bird, and probably the best for the snow/ice...

And if it gets wrecked, at least it's not one of the Fords...

And.... it's an Altima... :zpuke:

Sorry, couldn't resist... :D

Just my .02. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
970 Posts
I was going to vote...but I looked through the options and didn't see "your too young to own all those vehicles" as an option. :wiggle:

all in good fun...wait...you have a lightning, thunderbird and an altima...it's not all in good fun!

I get TONS of crap because my parents gave me the 92 sport and pay insurance and buy me "replacement" parts...I bet you get your a-kicked daily! I had a friend with a 98 Cobra Roush stage 1 (mind you this was in late 97). His parents bought everything for him...and let him drive their vehicles which included a Porche 356, 97 Carrera, 97 Esprit V8, 67 Shelby GT 500 KR and the list goes on and on...we hated him, especially when he pulled up to highschool in one of those vehicles daily.

hehehehe
-danimal

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
only had the bird in high school although now i rock the house w/ the L. get looks everywhere i go, the occassional thumbs up or nod..and followed every once in a while...(for praise, compliments etc)

people are more concerned that i had the taste to spend the $$$ on a L. a lot of kids here have money but they throw it all away on the hondas....

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
cyntaxx said:
people are more concerned that i had the taste to spend the $$$ on a L. a lot of kids here have money but they throw it all away on the hondas....
I don't see why you didn't put $30 grand into your Thunderbird! Can you imagine what kind of a car that would be?!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TurboCat said:

I don't see why you didn't put $30 grand into your Thunderbird! Can you imagine what kind of a car that would be?!
thought about it believe me. was gonna throw in a D.S.S block, probe, JE, arp hardware....top it off with a blower or even turbos, nitrous, suspension, everything. but you know how long my car would be out of commission?? one day i will but as a full-time college student i dont have the time between the drinking, sex, and studying...

·
Registered
366 Posts
here is my take... store the lightening and take the keys with you. then get good snow tires ont he bird. I recomend bridgestone blizzaks and keep the tank full when it snows. with that combo i NEVER got stuck in my bird... it wes actually the best inthe snow of any car ive ever driven int he snow ( Jetta, taurus, focus, regal).

just my 2 cents... but store the lightening for the winter.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
tbirdfive0 said:
here is my take... store the lightening and take the keys with you. then get good snow tires ont he bird. I recomend bridgestone blizzaks and keep the tank full when it snows. with that combo i NEVER got stuck in my bird... it wes actually the best inthe snow of any car ive ever driven int he snow ( Jetta, taurus, focus, regal).

just my 2 cents... but store the lightening for the winter.
i think fwd is worse int he snow... id rather have my rearend slid out than my front end anyday... all you have to do is be light onthe gas and know how to use brake/gas combinations for the conditions (thankfully i have no abs, thats another thing bugs me... as well as traction control, nothing like overheating your brakes so you can move!). ive never gotten stuck and ive driven around with blad tires on snow and ice.. i guess im just lucky. but when i drive my moms minivans, the tires slip so easy on dry surfaces and they have NO power. i hate hate hate how they perform just from a tap on the gas on wet surfaces. -greg

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
glowing escape said:
thankfully i have no abs, thats another thing bugs me... as well as traction control, nothing like overheating your brakes so you can move -greg
I guess I enjoy my ABS a bit too much, not been into it that long, but around here when nobody plows your road, and you're coming to a stop sign and it's icy as hell the ABS works wonders. I don't know why you wouldn't want ABS, I've had 2 cars without it and this one definately stops way better and quicker on the roads. And I don't have to worry quite as much about not being able to stop at the train tracks when there's a train rolling through. And I've had alot of 'exciting' moments in the winter months with a MN12.

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
I'd say sell the altima, get a good set of snow/ice tires, and put a little wieght in the trunk. I have been driving my bird up here in Alaska for 2 years...still looks ood, and have never gotten stuck...and we do get a fair amt of snow (Believe it or not!). As far as ABS goes, one of my birds has it, and the other doesn't...I'd much rather have it then not...just my .02

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Drive the nissan in the snow...keep the bird/L nice...two of my favorite ford vehicles, and you have them, and your, like, my age, damn!! :D it's okay though....I'm getting myself a 96 v8 tbird some time in 04 as a nice little project, and I'll have my focus as a daily driver.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Palmguy said:
Ummm....:leftright
Yeah, if someone hasn't figured out what to do LAST winter by now I think it's kinda pointless to give them suggestions. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Danimal said:

hehehehe
-danimal

HOLY F(**&(*&.............................SH*T BATMAN.......................

DANIMAL YOU ARE ALIVE.

Thought you died or somthing, good to hear from you man.

Where you been all my life.........:D :D :D :D

OH YEA.........drive the Altima...........think of how much you will have drving the altima if you HAVE to b/c one of the Fords got a winter injury?????????

Chris

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
The Great Obucina said:
move to florida and dont deal with snow driving:)

joseph
I plan on moving to Florida in about 3 or 4 years. We will have to meet up. :)

I can't deal with this Utah snow anymore. :(

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Quit your btchin :D

I get to see my bird (97') under cover for about 7 months. We got 63" of snow so far this year, and it's only just begun :eek:

Now about this post. I do believe he got rid of that Altima a long time ago, or atleast it's been out of his sig for a long time. In place is that Mercedes.

Now Chris(92five0bird), Danimal has posted THIS year btw ;)

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep, the Mercedes replaced the Altima and the bird is sold :( Guess I should update my sig.

Right now the Mercedes needs new tires so I'm trying to save up some quick cash for it. The Mastercrafts on them are shot. I am kinda considering some 17s (or 18s) to replace the riding stock altogether, but we'll see.

I may also pick up a roller tbird as a project if I don't end up finding a foxbody Mustang I want....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts