TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a semi-warning, the text isnt too work safe.

http://v8rwd.us

Obviously the domain implies v8 rwd american cars, but I haven't made an entire site from scratch before. I've done dozens of random pages in dreamweaver (I don't like front page's bloated code).

If some veteran guys can give me some tips, like layout and formating, that would be great.

My idea is just a simple nav. pane on the left with links to different pages, like pictures, articles, news, personal pages, etc. (I tried and failed making a frame in dreamweaver, need to rtfm some more) The easy way out would be to install php nuke or some other portal ( I know jack squat about mysql though).

Just curious if anyone has some good tips or ideas for the site, thanks.

·
Registered
890 Posts
ok, here goes. Just guessing, but I am sure more people of the 30+ that looked at your post had the same feelings.

Even with your warning about the 'not work friendly' content, after opening your link, the attitude that jumped off the page made me not want to offer any constructive criticism. I didn't even take the time to see if there were any links to further pages.

Comment 1: lose the attitude, including your last post.

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
I like the idea's you gave, adding a menu on the left to navigate through the page, you could have a nice gallery, new info, links to other sites about V8 RWD cars, maybe even a site of rice violations:D I gotta say, I laughed when I read the opening line, lol!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not trying to be a bad *** or anything, I guess I can tone it down. Some people laugh, others just aren't in the mood I guess.

There are days when I have said 100x worse towards rice, others you just laugh at them and say whatever. Guess what type of day I made that site?:)

I imagined a page about new and upcoming cars on the market, then I realized I would be talking about 3-5 cars at the maximum (stang, GTO, lincoln ls, etc??)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Honestly, I wouldn't talk crap about "POS imports".

If they are at your site, they are there for a reason. To check out some USA V-8's.

I know people who own 'Stangs and Imports. One of my buddies has a 99 Saleen and a 03 EVO Lancer.

Not all imports are pieces.

With that said. USA V-8's is a pretty general idea. You would need a TON of content to please even 1/4 of the people who stumbled in.

I'd change it go a more specific set of American V-8's. (eg. "Ford" or "Late Model") And I'd change the "Import" content to, "If you drive an Import, you came to the right place. Because you'll trade it in tomorrow." Something a little less aggressive, and degrading. No reason to piss of visitors, regardless of why they are there.

Just my $.02

But, I'm pretty decent at interpersonal relations......lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts