TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car has about 161k on it and to the best of my knowledge, it has never had any suspension work done on it. what would you all anticipate that i need to replace? i do have the "creek" noises during the winter and the "popping" noises while turning occasionally. what all could i do for around $1000 or do i need more? i am not looking for an extreme performance upgrade, but i do want something better than stock. any suggestions? thanks. i would probably be paying a shop to install btw.

seth

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
i'd replace everything, its easier to do it while you have the front end apart the first time. dont forget new bushings for everything.

622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am not very knowledgeable when it comes to cars and especially suspensions. what parts should i look for? what brands are good? for around $1000 if possible. is that enough? could i do it with a auto repair manual? any help would be greatly appreciated. sorry for all the questions. i'm just not sure where to start.. thanks..

seth

·
8,239 Posts
take it to a mechanic that you trust, not just someone out of the phone book and have them look at all the front end parts.

If you have popping noises it could be bushings or balljoints, and bad balljoints are very dangerous when they break and the wheel collapses.

JH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts