TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im gunna make an appointment to get retuned. Is there anything key I should tell him to change that could help me get into low low 14s or 13s? Reason for reburn is 3800 stall tc. What would they change since I have that high of a stall also?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
If your tuner doesn't know what to do then you might need to start thinking about finding a new tuner.
I usually hope not to have to tell anyone that works on the things that I need to have worked on how they should do their job. I know I hate it when people bring me things to work on or do and then try to tell me how to do it. I also know that the other people I talk to in service professions feel the same way. You don't know how many times I hear "If he thinks he knows more about it than me then why doesn't he fix it himself..."
If they don't know then they shouldn't be doing it. I don't think thats too high of a standard to hope for when looking for someone to work on your stuff.
It sounds like you totally don't trust the person you have hired to do this.

To directly answer your question, just tell them what you have and what you want and let them decide how to get you there. That is what you are paying for isn't it?

Not trying to be a jerk, but think about your question for a minute. LOL

Take care
Darrin

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
dude im not being and a$$ here but we have told u to get a different tuner, your time and mph are way off there is no reson u arent running 13s the way it is, i know my 95 with just a mark 8 tc and 3.73 chip and pullys and maf ran a 14.44 @ 95.xx mph im telling u dude call lonnie or another dealer something he has on your car is dead wrong dont no what but try a different tuner ive done a couplr explorer swaps also, one wich ran [email protected] 102 with a mark 8 tc and 3.73 gears and chip and maf of course and the other all stock but chip and mark 8 tc ran 14.4 @96,

Basically u can go back to the tuner but like Darrin said he should no what to do for the higher stall, or get a new tuner

Robert

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
you shouldn't have to tell your tuner crap, he should know what he's doing, and determine what needs to be changed...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I have to agree with Darrin...

·
8,239 Posts
amen.

I've had some people filling my ear with bs, oh go to this guy, he is a SCT dealer. Just because someone is an SCT dealer, doesn't make them the god tuner. My mechanic who is a honda god just got an SCT dealership, does that make him the god tuner of fords? Nope not yet.

Go with people you have heard about, not bobby-jo's RV shop

Drive to michigan or wherever if you have to. The tune is that important. Or even do it through the mail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts