TCCoA Forums banner

What size wheels...

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  ZackG 
#1 · (Edited)
...should I go with. I am going to buy some new wheels and tires in the next week. I have been checking some different ones out at tirerack.com.

What size should I get, and what size tires should I go with? I was thinking that if I got 17's I would want at least 17x8. How do 18's fit look and ride? Any input is welcome.

#2 · (Edited)
Or these...

Check these out

Mille Miglia HT3 17x7

#3 ·
need to just link to the picture, it gives a cookie error when trying to view it here.

#5 ·
17x9s will fit your car because i just bought some 17x9 cobras and for the tire size i got 245/45/17s and they fit great and dont rub at all. i highly recomend these if you want your bird to look sporty. i get looks all the time since i got these wheels even older people in there 40s and 50s have to stop and take a look

#6 ·
I have 17x9s

I have Chrome Cobra R 17x9s with 245/45 in the front and 275/40 in the back.I got them from performancewheeloutlet.com I dont know the number but they were 1040 shipped to my door.They came with lugs,valve stems and center caps.I modded my center caps so they say SVT in red.I custom cut the letters out on a graphtech plotter we have at work.
Chris

#7 ·
Rims/Tires

I have a set of 18x9 Cobra Rs with 265/35/18 on rear and 245/40/18 on the front of my 97 Bird with a 2 inch drop and no prob in drivin, rubbin, or lookin funny. Hell i even took it off-road one time goin about 60mph ( wasnt expected ) and it did just fine. Want to see a pic go to the readers rides and type Pfingsten, i dont have my springs on the car in the pic but yeah......later

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.