TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my car still doesn't move on it's own power. :( But that's neither here nor there. Either the used (8k mile) tranny I bought is junk or the converter is junk. The tranny expert is thinking it's the converter. If that's the case I need a new one obviously.

I told him that I didn't want a stock converter for the '94 because that's a lower stall, and I said I'd want a Mark VIII/Mustang unit. He then told me he could go ahead and get a higher stall yet.

I need to know just how high to go. This is my daily driver (or was :leftright) , and it's pretty lightly modded for now anyway. I will be putting in a PI engine and a Vortech before too many years go by. So I need something that would work well now, and will work well with my new engine/blower combo.

Can you guys help me out? Thanks.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
No less than 3000..you'll be disgusted later if you go less.
What's the trans doing that makes the trans guy think it's the t/c?
JL

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When put in reverse or forward gears (1 & 2) the engine lugs down like it's supposed to, but it won't turn the tires while on a lift. It takes ALOT of throttle to get them to turn at all. We never even tried with any tires on the ground.

So somewhere in between 3,000 and 3,500? I don't really have any experience with this, but I don't want to hurt driveability. I will be getting a chip soon afterwards though if that makes a difference.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Did you use the old wire-style internal connectors and solenoids,or did you swap over to the PCB style internal connector?
If you're getting a chip,then have the chip supplier burn the chip for an aggressive lockup schedule,and you'll have no problems with day-to-day driving.
JL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts