TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shooting for at leat 400 Hp at the wheels. I'm going to have a PI motor built for my T-bird.. I like the Allen but from what I have read the unit tops out around 400 hp... Would the Vortec be the better choice if I want to go over the 400 Rwhp mark? Thanks

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
On my stock 97 NPI long block.

PI cams
PI intake
C&L upper plenum
75MM throttle
90mm LMAF
255 LPH pump
#42 injectors
JBA headers
ART true duals exhaust
Vortech V1-S blower, 9PSI, Anderson power pipe, No intercooler

385 RWHP, 380 torque.

I'm Sure with a built PI engine with mildly ported heads, and cams with some of the same supporting mods I have you would have no issue getting 400 RWHP.

Chris

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Or if you decide to go with the Allen, my car, which is for sale (shameless plug) is ready to take to the next level.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm shooting for at leat 400 Hp at the wheels. I'm going to have a PI motor built for my T-bird.. I like the Allen but from what I have read the unit tops out around 400 hp... Would the Vortec be the better choice if I want to go over the 400 Rwhp mark? Thanks

if you want over 400hp buy the Race Kit, it supports over 500+ hp

Allen is going to be more compact install, yes it is expenive , vortech is far cheaper...

Pro Charger isnt a bad idea either

but bang for the buck id say Vortech S-Trim

aftermarket cams...crower, comp....etc
aftermarket heads, patriot has heads, modular mustang racing,couple others,
bullit intake(with vortech)
even at like 8-10 psi thats going to be 400...if you push 12-15psi 500 is out of the question...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much fabercation is there with the Allen race kit ? I really want a screw type supercharger.. Like the idea of pwer at any rpm :D Price really isn't a big deal I got the ok from the wife lol And she just got a job in a performance shop so I maybe getting the labor for free.... And I have been getting all the parts to beaf up everything that much power is going to break..Right now my wifes jeep cherokee 4.0 I built up for her is faster then the T-bird so I have to do somthing..

·
Registered
385 Posts
How much fabercation is there with the Allen race kit ? I really want a screw type supercharger.. Like the idea of pwer at any rpm :D Price really isn't a big deal I got the ok from the wife lol And she just got a job in a performance shop so I maybe getting the labor for free.... And I have been getting all the parts to beaf up everything that much power is going to break..Right now my wifes jeep cherokee 4.0 I built up for her is faster then the T-bird so I have to do somthing..

no fabercation at all , its the most complete kit for our cars...

and the Allen is a roots, unless you get the allen race kit then its a twin screw...
Allen's can make good power at very low RPM

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I was asking if there is any fab work with the Race Kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts