21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
The first link is for the stock 12" converter only.
The second link I'm not sure of, but it looks fine.
The third link will work with 11.25" converters.

FWIW, the newer vehicle flex plates have multiple holes for 12" and 11.25" stock converters. The one I bought off ebay had both sets of holes.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I have done a little more research. Looks like Edge racing has some really good reviews all over the internet from mustangs to camaros to imports. Their converters are pretty cheap which kind worries me but there is also a 100% money back guarantee and a renewable 2 year warranty. Another good one seems to be Yank and seems like their prices are a bit more like the competition. I'm not sure if I can justify 1,100 for a converter plus shipping from Circle D. Maybe if I was running a 4 or 500hp beast then it'd be different.

Do you guys have opinions on either?

·
Beer and Cheese
1996 Thunderbird Sport Coyote Swap
7,399 Posts
... u recommend circle D but I ask, is your car running yet has it been tested, not yet that I've seen.
... But then again I had to wait all summer for my engine guy to build my engine. Tell you what; I'll let you know when she's tearing up the track this Spring with that cool Wisconsin air. ;)

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Sounds good ill be tearing up the track in the mean time as our track does not close

·
Beer and Cheese
7,399 Posts
Don't be jealous when I'm building some awesome snowmen, snowboarding and hitting the trails on the snowmobile.:tongue:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
That's what the can am is for making 74 rwhp lol

·
Beer and Cheese
7,399 Posts
haha nice, you got that strapped down on the dyno. :thumbsup:

I have a Polaris Dragon stored away, haven’t enjoyed it in two years since we had such a mild winter last year. Hoping for some snow this year, but it's already looking like another mild one.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Have some faith that the winter weather will be here! I have some new snow tires that I haven't mounted yet for my Ford Fiesta. I am hoping for a epic storm with ice and 10 inches of snow.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
We'll it's a quad with a 975 big bore kit and cams

·
Beer and Cheese
7,399 Posts
Have some faith that the winter weather will be here! I have some new snow tires that I haven't mounted yet for my Ford Fiesta. I am hoping for a epic storm with ice and 10 inches of snow.
I hope so, sure would like to have a white xmas around here. Last year was the second warmest winter on record followed by the warmest summer on record. They are saying this is the longest we will be without snow as well. I hate driving in snow, but love to play in it. :)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
No doubt! My Wife's Mazda5 was unstoppable with the Blizzaks. Now the 5 is gone and we have AWD (a first for us). I got these Michelins for the Fiesta and want to put them through their paces. Its going to be 50 degrees again this weekend.. grrrr..

Winter starts December 21st.. it better arrive weather wise!

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Dont want to make a new thread so Im jump starting this one. Looking to finally put in my engine and I need a torque converter that has a 2500-2800 stall, rev out to 6k, and be under $400 to buy. I tried finding a Marauder and Mach 1 TC, and couldnt find any. only found ReMan ones that stall at 2300, i called and checked. since Dirty Dog doesnt make anymore, and Circle D is out of my range, what would you guys recommend? Im looking at one from a place called Torque Converter Shop. would you guys trust it?

The TC I found: www.torqueconvertershop.com/13 Interceptor Dominator torque converter AODE 4R70W.htm

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
PATC doesn't make those. Actually, I don't see that they really make anything. I'm pretty sure I can see by the pics where their higher end stuff comes from, but there is a reason why a good modified converter costs what it does. There is also a good reason why places making and selling them for less than what it takes have a lot of horrible feedback and go out of business.

I would find the extra to buy a Circle D "modified Marauder" converter for a few hundred more. It will do what you want, will last and may save you a whole lot more when you don't have to replace it later and rebuild the transmission due to an ugly failure.

Or, you could gamble.

D

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.