TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, today I tried opening up my bird a few times but somethings wrong with either the engine or tranny. During hard acceleration, the car doesnt seem to want to go, it gets up to speed but in hgiher RPM's it stops climbing and doesnt shift into next gear. In higher RPM's it doesnt seem to want to shift but it doesnt over rev, it'll stay revving high but wont go anywhere... It's hard to explain. The only mods I have are a removed air silencer and removed mufflers. I'm desperate to figure this out since I just got the car :(

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Check your fuel pressure. Mine did that and it turned out the fuel pump was going south and could no longer produce adequate pressure. It accelerated faster at half throttle than it did at full throttle.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seem to have shifted alright into 2nd, but third and fourth I think were lagging. Next chance I have I'll try it again and see what gears, if not all are doing it.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Hey does it happen more when you first start your car and go?? The reason i ask is because mine would kind of do that. I would go and my rpms would go up but it wouldnt shift like its suppose too so i checked the MAF and sure the diodes had crap on them i would check that out too. Just a suggestion

·
Registered
366 Posts
I know I"m a noob, but I had this exact problem, or as it sounds like, and I simply cleaned the MAF, all the difference in the world man.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It seems to be doing it in all gears, I tried it out. I don't know if this helps but my check engine light comes off and on as well as it pleases.

As soon as I get somne free time I'm going to take my MAF out and clean it.

I'm not too sure since it had a tune up, I just bought it off a guy so it could use one.

Thanks guys...

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Big_Irish said:

I don't know if this helps but my check engine light comes off and on as well as it pleases.

You don't know if this helps ?

If you get the codes scanned, it would be a BIG help.

Go to your local AutoZone (if you have them in Canada) and have them scanned for free. Otherwise, if you shop around, you can get it scanned for about $20 or $30.

Write down the exact code numbers they give you, and post them here.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I pulled out my MAF wires earlier today to check them out. One of the wires was completely covered in blank gunk, the other not so bad. I got them looking like new with some Windex and Q-tips and a lil electronic spray... All I have to say is WOW, made a worlkd of a difference! The car doesnt feel laggy at all anymore like it did. No more check engine light either. I didn't even know a bird felt like this! Anyways, thanks alot for your help guys, I appreciate it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts