TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
:rofl:! hell id take a tag that says "WTF" on it lmao thats great.. good find darren :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I wouldn't turn in the plate. I'd keep it!! :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
That's so stupid.

Because some 60 year old granny complained now the state has to waste thousands of tax dollars to recall and replace these tags. If they have to skip every three letter prefix that may be offensive to some one nothing would be acceptable.

I'm sure these are already forbidden:

COP
CIA
DEA
DOA
GAY
FAT
FAG
FUC
FUK
OMG
SEX
LDS
LSD
A$$
BAD
GOD
DOG
CAT
DOT
HOT
NOT
POT
ROT
LOL
TIT
CLT
NIP
DIC
DIK
DUK
PUK
ETC
SUX
XXX

and now

WTF

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
That's so stupid.

Because some 60 year old granny complained now the state has to waste thousands of tax dollars to recall and replace these tags. If they have to skip every three letter prefix that may be offensive to some one nothing would be acceptable.

I'm sure these are already forbidden:

COP
CIA
DEA
DOA
GAY
FAT
FAG
FUC
FUK
OMG
SEX
LDS
LSD
A$$
BAD
GOD
DOG
CAT
DOT
HOT
NOT
POT
ROT
LOL
TIT
CLT
NIP
DIC
DIK
DUK
PUK
ETC
SUX
XXX

and now

WTF
Well, so much for my short list of vanity plates! Great find, Darren, and good ideas Trunk!!! LOL

·
Registered
741 Posts
In a semi-related vein, this is, from what I've read, a plate actually issued by the state of Florida. Not a vanity plate or anything, just a funny coincidence.

Might be NSFW, might not, depends on your job.

Edit: For those of you who want to read it, here's a full article about this plate, and here is a link to a few other articles and whatnot about various funny license plates.

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
Those are good Alicks.

I found this one while looking around last night.

STFU-PLS

It has an entirely different meaning to the person that ordered it in Virginia.

In response to an email complaint the state quickly recalled the plate and the owner in return sent a very amusing letter in reply. This is one of those truth is stranger than fiction stories. You just can't make this stuff up. lol.

And another one from Washington.

CNLNGS

and the real meaning of the plate to the owner...

Page 1
Page 2

I think he summed it up best in his reply letter.

In this day and age of endless political/sociological correctness it seams that someone is a victim whenever the wind blows or the grass grows. I'm sorry if my license hurt someones feelings. I can only hope that somehow the experience made them a stronger, more resilient and well rounded person.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
screw that old hag. i would find out where she lives and park my car in view. MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS. some people...............

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Gotta love Raleigh... several years back they actually released a KKK- plate for a few printings until they noticed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts