TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I will have about $800 to spend end of this week and I was wondering what my next purchase for the bird will be? I was debating VT Stage 2 valve springs or kooks headers both will go for around the same price. What yall think?

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
why not save up so you can buy both at the same time and quit asking for my vt stage 2's... :D

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
i'd say go for the ehaders so you dont ave to worry about gettin the car tuned again after installing the cams. unless you got the cash for that too.

Frank

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
JustinH said:
i'm going to go with a life insurance policy.

:uppoint: :zbounce:

Save up for your new engine.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
new motor is next year :) ohhh stroked 4.6 to a 5.0 that'll be nice ;) I like spending money

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I'd say neither. the headers are very hard to install with the motor in the car (or so I hear).
The cams won't give the best gains since your heads aren't ported. If your going to get a 5L shortblock, you'd be wise to have them ported.

Why don't you put the money away for a rainy day? I put 20% of my spending money in my savings account, as an emergency fund.

BTW, a 5L big bore will outperform a 5L stroker. do a search on modular depot.

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
I still say move out of your parents place :D

hear anything back on those jobs yet?

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I knew you were going to post that smartass ;) not yet i am going to call em today

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
GreenBird said:
I'd say neither. the headers are very hard to install with the motor in the car (or so I hear).
The cams won't give the best gains since your heads aren't ported. If your going to get a 5L shortblock, you'd be wise to have them ported.

Why don't you put the money away for a rainy day? I put 20% of my spending money in my savings account, as an emergency fund.

BTW, a 5L big bore will outperform a 5L stroker. do a search on modular depot.
I agree with GreenBird :eek: :beek: :leftright :saeek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts