TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need suggestions as to what to do next....I just finished a headswap with PI cams, and PI intake. I was think MAF, injectors, and throttle body....

Any suggestions on how big to go with the maf TB and injectors.....I will be close to 350 rwhp i think if not more.

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
Well.. if it can wait until after Dan has a job again... an Accufab 75mm Plenum/TB would be a good addition to the top end. There's something in the tech articles about injectors and how much HP they can support IIRC. And the maf is definitely a good idea, especially if you're still stock!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah still stock maf but how big is too big on the maf....i can get a Lightning 4pin MAF for real cheap buts its 90mm...too big???

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
The 80 mm GT MAF has the most defined transfer function I believe. And an LMAF, wouldn't really be much good unless you're blown (hence it's a Lightning MAF). But I just put a set of ported heads, PI cams and intake on about a month ago. I'm running 24# injectors and a 80MM GT MAF, with the stock t body and upper for now. Also, a bigger fuel pump (I'm running a 255) to keep up with the injectors. And yes it would be very advisable to upgrade the MAF and injectors and pump.

How bout exhaust?? You'll need to open up the rear end since you'll be able to pull more air through now.

I'm doubting you will be anywhere near 350 rwhp from a set of heads, beacause I'm running basically the same, and if it was around 350 I'd sure know it. I'd say maybe closer to 250. I'll be tuned in a couple weeks, and all I'm hoping for is around 240.

Joe

EDIT: Missed the nitrous combo as well. That would make 350 more reasonable. I think 24# injectors are good up to around 300 hp. There's a chart in the tech section to make sure though.

·
Registered
513 Posts
he is talking about with nitrous, the 120 shot will have him probably around 350 horse and 520 trq.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah you got it....right now before the headswap im at 300....plus i got 2.25' pipes straight back with no cats......im limited by the head3ers but theyll get done eventually

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ttt

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
LoopyJ22,

Have you had that car dynoed yet prior to installation of the new parts? Just curious.:)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just prior to install PI intake PI cams and PNP NPI heads, yes.....i dynoed at 199 NA and 298 on the juice

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but that was with a way out of wack eec tune. I'm running an A/F of 14.5 and higher......yikes i know....thats why since then I havn'et ran the bottle.....hopefully next week I will be getting new numbers for me to post

1 - 10 of 10 Posts