TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which performance rockers, and lifters should i get on my 90 LX? Blew a head gasket, heads are off anyway intake manifold off also, how the hell do you port an intake manifold? thanks for your help.

Will

·
Registered
607 Posts
You can P&P with a dremel or a good rotary tool. The whole idea is to remove the least amout of metal to make the air flow smoother. So you are really trying the smooth the ports. Do a little on the intake side. But go crazy on the exhaust side, this is where the most restriction occures. Remember dont remove a lot of metal. After that is done get different grit wheels for the dremel and polish up the ports.

Jim

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
while the heads are off, install a cam 200$ even after shipping from www.rpm-mustangs.com the 205/205 one works great with stock valve springs. You will also want to "unshroud" the valves in the combustion chamber, You will notice that the combustion chambers wrap around the valves and you should take about 1/16" material out of there for better flow. Intakes you just want to port match, smooth up the runners, and hog out the cross over tube on the upper intake. Also look into "half shafting" your throttle body Like I explained in a post from last week.

I wouldn't worry about performance Rockers and Lifters, Waste of money IMO unless you want to rev over 6000rpm. (you don't want too)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts